VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Anyone with headers A100 /6 manual trans?

Gileadgarage
    Gileadgarage

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2013-09-11

Anyone with headers A100 /6 manual trans? Empty Anyone with headers A100 /6 manual trans?

Post by Gileadgarage Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi folks,

wondering if anyone here has experience with headers on a slant 6 A100 with 3 spd manual trans.
    It looks like the shift rods and clutch linkage may be in the way?
    I would wrap them for sure since they would probably be too hot in dog house?

I will be doing a mild slant 6 build as followed:

Big valve, ported head (done and ready)
    Cam (Something torque up to 4 k RPM)
    Webber 2BBL
    electronic ignition
    9.5:1 SCR (around 8.8:1 DCR)
    91 octane, maybe some 104+ if neccesary, I drive it alot but its not a daily driver.

I am considering opening up/port matching stock exhaust mani, but will certainly consider header if it fits OK (even though i have a brand new 2.5 exhaust which would be nice leave alone)

If going with stock Mani I will get a 2 BBL super six intake. If I go with header I will probably buy the Clifford package with intake, webber and header.

Also installing an aluminum 4core radiator (have one, needs minor mods to relocate upper filler neck, meant for a giant plasma cutter of all things)

Is the stock Mani OK for these upgrades, not looking to rev the thing...

Any advice?

(I have done alot of research at /6 board, but mainly want to know if headers fit with out to much torture)

Also,

The A745 non syncro 3 spd: can I change it to syncro 1st gear?

Thanks!
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Anyone with headers A100 /6 manual trans? Empty Re: Anyone with headers A100 /6 manual trans?

Post by Wheelie Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Mine came with headers on it when i got it. It also has a offenhauser 4 barrel intake. It is a 3 on the tree as well and there are no shift linkage issues. They appear to be some decent aftermarket ones that were available at that time but I don't know brand. I haven't looked for another pair as mine are in reusable shape.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm