VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Need brake line help

Need brake line help Empty Need brake line help

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:04 pm

i need help with the setups of different lines and fittings. i was wondering if anyone could help me. i have the linbes all done from the T fitting back to the rear and then brake line from the T fitting to the Left front brake. Now i have hit a snag. fittings sizes for the master cylinder bother front and rear hole, including brake line size and fitting to the T. then the Brake line that runs across the van and to the right front brake, i believe i need to use a step down to get what i am looking for. Anyone with this could help me i would greatly appreciate it. this is about what is holding me up to get it to the body shop. Everything else is trivial at this point. thank you in advance, because you guys are always so helpful.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Need brake line help Empty Re: Need brake line help

Post by donivan65 Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Napa has some little adapter lines that have different size brake fittings on each end. Also you can get adapters that will allow you to hook up a brake line to something with a bigger or smaller thread size.....they need to be for flare fittings,,,,you need to 1st figure out what sizes you need,,,,,,so stick a bolt in them or a nut to check their size,,,,,,,,,the threads on everything are plain old American bolt sizes,,,,,,,like 1/2-20,,,,,,9/16-18,,,,,,,,,,,,3/8-24,,,,,but you need them in flare and inverted flare fittings,,,,,Here is what a Chevy brake line conversion looks like,,,,,that will give you an idea of some part numbers to start with,,,,,,,

Need brake line help Brake_10

Need brake line help Disk_010

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 am

Yup..Dorman makes all kinds of adapters.

I see GM did the same thing Dodge did with the different size fittings.

When I swapped over to disc brakes on my '72 and bent up new lines, I got all the necessary adapters from Dorman aka Motormite.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 am

If you are going from a single line master cylinder to a dual line with disk brakes and a proportioning valve, you will need some adapters unless you make up your own lines with the different sized fittings to make everything fit. And its easy to get the brake line fittings mixed up with pipe thread fittings. Here is some of what Napa has,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Need brake line help Brakel10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am