VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+22
bendone
bugeye bob
texasjohn
Magic Bus
richie61
Vanish
SnarkyPoet
wideload
chester42
zvan61
67a 100 pickup
G-Man
mcfly
wylee
RipVanArkie
benwah
itruns
Nightmoves
thecruger
Digz
DanTheVanMan
BILLS66
26 posters

The Good Morning Thread

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

The Good Morning Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Good Morning Thread

Post by Nightmoves Mon May 18, 2009 4:49 am

Da da...da dada ,dada Monday,Monday !
    Mornin everbody.Just wanna keep the thread goin.Think I'll get on the two wheeler and cruise a bit.Sun is gonna finally shine today.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Mon May 18, 2009 9:47 am

good evnin,morning. got home from wk 9am. 2 cups of jo. off to a job interview, came back home. mowed the lawn, now eating lunch- no diner. i hate these hrs...

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Since I don't have my van, yet, I cruised the Scion xB to the skatepark and had some fun in the sun, ripping up the bowl a little bit! Beautiful day. Very Happy Now I'm just working on selling my Fairlane, so I can grab up the van I'm eye balling! Wink
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon May 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Yes Sir, raining like there's no tomorrow! And will be all week. The joys of living on the ocean!!! Looks like a "Hot coffee" and computer day!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

The Good Morning Thread - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Wylee...worked that shift many years,its tough bud.
    Fairlane? Perk ! Ripping up a skateboard bowl ? The only thing I'd rip is ...well,...I'd get hurt.Haaaa
    Yeah Dan,we've had Mon.'s & Tue.'s clear with rain the other five for the past three weeks.Its about to get old.Could be worse though the other way.

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 pm

The Fairlane. A good, pretty solid project car with a nice running 289/4 spd toploader. Nice interior. I'm probably crazy for getting rid of it...but I have boogie van on the brain, so something has to give. Laughing

The Good Morning Thread - Page 2 100_1410
    It photographs better than it really is. It needs some body work and the paint is seriously rough. Re-sale red. Laughing I think it's sold, as of tomorrow.

Me, skating, last week....
    The Good Morning Thread - Page 2 100_2066
    I'm no shredder, but I have fun and, amazingly, might be getting better (at 44) than I was at 16. Maybe. Maybe not. Very Happy
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 pm

Ya Fairlane looks good from here,man.ButI understand about havin to cut things loose though.
    Yeah...I could see me now,bottom of the pipe,face down,lookin like Wile E.Coyote in the middle of the hiway.Glad to know somebody can still 'get air'.
    Sorry folks...sidetracked a bit.

Mornin Everbody !

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 12:00 am

thanks. I "Wile E.'d" the wall one day. No skating for 6 weeks. yikes.

to get things back on track...I might be vannin again by late this week or early next week! Stoked. What a Face
    wylee
    wylee

Post by wylee Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 pm

well its 10pm, moring for me. nice car!! mounted electric feul pump on duster. gonna finish duster 1st. also selling 68 olds rag top to finish duster and start the van, cant wait to start the van.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat May 23, 2009 6:12 am

It'sa little rainy here in Mid Michigan this mornin', good excuse to put off the yard work and get back in the garage. Worked on the van till after 11pm last night, gonna take some coffee and a bottle of asprin to get movin' today.
    You all have a great Weekend !
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Sat May 23, 2009 6:29 am

Off to the Air Show
    Going to be a great weekend

mike
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383

Post by BILLS66 Sat May 23, 2009 6:32 am

70 And sunny today so cruise the van to work for 2 hours then run a couple of errands in the van. Bill
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat May 23, 2009 8:13 am

Been coming down hard for the last two weeks. Will this rain ever stop? Of course this "Forces" me to finish all the unpacking of the what seems like hundreds of boxes. This is probably good since I can't get the van back in the garage to work on it until I get all the boxes out of there... cyclops

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

The Good Morning Thread - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 10:09 am

Its almost 80* here and I think I'm gunna bring the spa out of hibernation.

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 7:56 am

Its a beautiful morning at the lake, and I'm lookin forward to a day of relaxation and family & friends. Have a good Memorial guys, and dont forget the fallen.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 am

Been getting things ready for a Graduation party in a few weeks. Painting, cleaning up and this morning power washed the house.
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:04 am

And summer is officially here !! We missed out on the big storms here in the middle of the state. hope all you guys to the south came through okay.
    Looking forward to Bakers next weekend, hoping this nicer stretch of weather holds out . Going to get a couple "Van" hours in at the garage today
    then have to get the sprayer around and do some weed control on a small corn field ( food plot). You all have a good Fathers Day.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:52 am

Well yesterdays weather sucked, and it looks like today isnt gunna be much different. Maybe it will clear up this afternoon.

Have a great Dad-day!
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:09 am

It looks to be a sunny morning here, after a few days of what seemed like October weather. Havent much time for the van since the 4th, A lil campin' and QT with family. My bodywork guy is now officially my son-in-law after yesturday ! So today I have time to do a few more things on the Van. Still trying to figure out if I can buy a universal Lokar Parking brake cable kit or if I am going to have to buy a tool and parts to make them.
    Ya all have a good day !
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 am

Weather is definately feeling more like fall ,, starting to see some decent Bucks wandering around and the salmon should be where I like fishin for them soon. wind and rain in the forecast here next couple of days.
    wylee
    wylee

Post by wylee Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

the weather is changing, dont know if i will get a chance to cement the floor. got the duster moveable, still long way to go. the fury blew a timming chain,had to get a truck. seems like not enough hours in a day. did buy some small parts for the van.also worked on the wood pile.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:46 am

Yah Im sick of splitting wood now 8 cord later! Spending the weekend cleaning and orginiseing the shop. Started yesterday the things you find, Ive got more 1/2 and 9/16 wrenches than Sears! Made a chili this morning used some of V.B.'s ingrediants . Eatin good in the neighbor hood!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:14 am

I'm also sick of splitting wood and also taking the day off. Going to our last car show of the year. Going to try to make the best of it. High today 50 degrees.

To add to wood cutting thing I have to cut up a cottonwood tree that fell in the yard while I'm still cutting the standing dead tree out back. Heres the kicker with that cottonwood tree it fell on my wood pile Mad
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Overslept this morning. Gonna unload a bunch of stuff out of the early, cut the grass for maybe the last time this year, use the early to move stuff, visit the parent and fix some of their household items. Definitely a buzz-kill after yesterday's van show. At least the Bears aren't playing this week.
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:59 am

Just a little early morning rambling...Woke up way to early today, So as usual I fire up the PC and do some exploring while I kill off a pot of coffee and a half a pack a smokes. I checked out the thread on the Gold metal flake A100 and followed it to the HAMB board and went on from there. I like the metal flake BTW but it makes me think of dune buggies. Anyway , I see there was a slam against our rides comparing them to a box of crackers and how they all look alike. Sorta makes one feel like the Red-headed step child of the car world. Not that I care of course.
    I started out with a 1965 GMC Handi-van as my first car. so I got alot crap from folks right from the beginning. It was never finished and everytime one of my buddys and I put a sander to it, it uncovered another layer of paint or bondo. everything from the original white to multiple psychadelic colors of the word TRIP written across the back doors. Once the HS principle even got in on it and announced " There is a van in the parking lot with its lights on,," and proceeded to list nearly a dozen colors in his description. It was pretty funny considering it was the ONLY van in the parking lot. But to this day when I meet up or get in contact with any of my old HS friends they always bring up the van, even how whenever they see a black van or something similar they think of it, I hauled alot of people around in it and had some fun adventures. I never actually sold that van, my bro and I robbed parts off it to keep other things going till there was little more left of it than some rusty skin. I saw a Corvan ona CSI episode the other night, maybe this recent re-introduction will bring some repsect to our rigs or maybe just make them and parts worth more. I have always blamed Hollywood for the surge in Harley prices.
    Going to take sometime today to button up some pre winter stuff and maybe get the garage in order alittle better (its gettin crowded ). Ya all have a good day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm