VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Installing Fiero Seats

Savage64
    Savage64

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2014-01-24

Installing Fiero Seats Empty Installing Fiero Seats

Post by Savage64 Sun May 11, 2014 12:25 pm

I was recently able to pick up a pair of Fiero seats for my 64 Econoline that are in excellent condition. I could use some advice from you guys that have done this swap as to how best to mount them. Did you move/fab new brackets or redrill the fenderwells and use the stock econo brackets (looks like the least complicated solution).I would like to keep the sliders on the passenger side if possible. Would appreciate any advice you can give. 
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Installing Fiero Seats Empty Re: Installing Fiero Seats

Post by vanny Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Savage64, here's a link to a fiero thread and Fred, fmc56, says that you just have to drill a few holes. He may chime in here to give you a little more details but I don't think it's too difficult.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t4213-what-good-seat-these-arn-t?highlight=fiero

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun May 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Great Score I have been looking for a Set Also Speakers is a Big Plus No where to be found here.. Mazda Miata seats will work also...I found a New set of Black Jeep Wrangler High back Reclining seats 20 inches wide my friend is holding them for me until the end of the month.. Smile .The wife said NO more long trips until I get some High Back seats...
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun May 11, 2014 3:34 pm

I heard that Loud and Clear...She said you can buy some high back seats for the van!!! SCORE! She's definitely a keeper!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Savage64
    Savage64

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2014-01-24

Post by Savage64 Sun May 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks for the input. Yeah, found these on craigslist from a guy that had them stored, no speakers but I don't have a radio or CD yet anyway. My wife had also given me a "request" to find some highback seats for the van before "Crusin the Coast" this fall, so now mama is happy !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm