VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+11
Sinister
dan nachel
Digz
Scott
Vantasia
Van crazy
Joe Van
66mnecotruck
wideload
Space Truckin
Twinpilot001
15 posters

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!! Empty insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!!

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:09 am

insulating a van - see this!!! cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaE7RfkN1Eo
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!! Empty Re: insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!!

Post by Space Truckin Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 am

Watched the video, and contacted Resisto in Canada re:6 23680 66540 8 upc code. Looks like a way cheaper alternative to Dynamat
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!! Empty Re: insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!!

Post by wideload Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 am

Wonder how it would hold up heat wise to do the doghouse?

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 am

inexpensive & affordable=Im likie =affordable!! cheers Twisted Evil 
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2014-02-15

Post by 66mnecotruck Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 am

Great find!! Thanks!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 am

made for =GM's --- yet might work on a =Ford?? lol! 
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2014-02-15

Post by 66mnecotruck Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 am

Ha!!! I have to listen in on you guys Twisted Evil 
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am

cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:55 pm

YEA I think I am going to go this rout on my Roof .. It should Not hold Any Moister and should make a Big difference ...Plus Way cheaper than Dyna Mat ..Good Eye Twin.!!!.. cheers cheers 
    Van crazy

Number of posts : 533
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by Van crazy Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Really Im going to use that. Good find indeed. That looks great  as long as you install tight to surface no moister should be there that reflective might help with heat aswell?
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm

I used this from eBay seller:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAT-SOUND-Shield-FOIL-INSULATION-BLANKET-MAT-PAD-CAR-1-/251333509999?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a84a5036f
    sells it in several size packs, 2 or 3 sheets per order. I used it inside doghouse, for sides, sticks like really well and so far has held up to heat. For the underside of the lid, use Jegs jute backed foil.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Oh yeah, I'm getting some of this..
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

What you may run into . is a fail from cold. It probably holds up well in a warm steady climate, but may pull itself off inside curved surfaces going thru severe cold cycles. I don't know about this product specifically but I have seen similar name brand stuff do it. Option may be not to span large inside curves with one piece. I'm talking about the insides of a Dog House lid for sure.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:56 pm

That is vertually the same stuff I used. I bought it from Lowes. It is called "quick flash". It comes in rolls about 8 or 10 inches wide.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Number of posts : 164
    Registration date : 2012-08-16

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!! Empty insulation

Post by Sinister Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 am

I used this type of stuff on my van.You can buy it at roofing supply stores and it comes in quiet a few diffrent widths from 4'' to 18'' wide. A hotrod guy turned me on to this a while back a lot cheaper than Dynamat........ Works great if you heat this stuff up a little before you stick it on.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:46 am

Be sure to find out how much asphalt the product contains. Some have a lot and some do not. Too much asphalt and you will be breathing asphalt fumes on a hot day.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 pm

I used some similar stuff on my 61 epup and inside the doghouse it kept coming loose...seemed to not like the heat and the underside of the doghouse lid?

insulation -sound deadner=a inexpensive solution!! Engine10
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 am

I used the thermal tec in my van and really made a huge difference. Its been two years and no problems. Can ride all day and not burn my leg on the side of the doghouse http://www.thermotec.com/products/14001-aluminized-heat-barrier.html
    I also used the Fat mat for sound I thought about the peel and seal but just couldn't do it. I guess its twice the cost but your not using twice as much.
    http://www.amazon.com/FatMat-Thick-Self-Adhesive-Deadener-Install/dp/B003TU7L0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397924591&sr=8-1&keywords=fatmat
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:55 pm

cheers  Winner =Winner =Chicken Dinner!! cheers cheers cheers 
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

Post by millwright71 Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:17 pm

I used peel and seal on the doghouse of my Dodge. I have put about 5k miles on it so far and is staying in place like a champ. Haven't gotten any weird smells off of it, but then again, I didn't put it on the interior.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am