Dons day,,,,,,,

donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11674
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Re: Dons day,,,,,,,

Post by donivan65 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Found a Rattlesnake from Los Angeles at my place today,,,,,,seems like his 66 had chewed its left front outer wheel bearing and cup through its hub,,,,,,,

rattlesnake66

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-04-19

Post by rattlesnake66 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Im gonna have to start the bootleg version of Don's Day, and call it Rattlesnakes Revenge for everytime the van leaves me stranded.

For starters let's just say I'm convinced I need disc brakes,  no more close calls with hubs.

Backstory - I was headed out with the wife to 29 palms out in the desert when I heard a weird noise,  then a thump,  then a whole lotta thumps.  Once I pulled over I saw that the bearing was way out of place and the tire was slightly off.

I took my chances and drove to a relative's place about 20 miles away driving about 5 miles an hour and luckily made it without the tire falling off.

The spindle was fine but the inner part of both bearings were frozen onto the spindle after 4 bloody knuckles and a multitude of unholy words I was able to remove both parts of the bearings and installed the patented DON fresh hubs with new bearings.  After 2 days I'm back on the road.

Thanks again Don, next we'll hopefully have a video segment doing the dual reservoir install for all to view on YouTube.
vanny

Number of posts : 10448
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 am

Wow, unfortunately those white knuckle events usually lead to bloody knuckles. Looks like you had some assistance from Don and the “persuader” to get things back to normal! I’m looking forward to seeing the dual reservoir installation.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:14 pm