VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+13
vanny
Seth G
Donn
Old Skool
RipVanArkie
econopoor
66ThunderVan
G-Man
Joe Van
EconoUSAparts
neondv8
kookykrispy
twinlinemoto
17 posters

I crashed my 63 e truck

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Empty Re: I crashed my 63 e truck

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm

My crate when I bought it took a severe kiss on the front ... impact drove shifter linkage back and broke the tranny mount from its' hanger ... the doors were skewed and the floor and snout just crushed ... steering wheel bent likely from the poor bastage in there ... pedal arms were bent and so was the dash ... even the bottom lip of the windshield pushed up ... got it for a 150 bucks ... started drilling and buying donor parts ... been about 35k Miles since ... and she just seems happy to be around ... door pillars munched as well but worked through that too ... these crates are something else ... when I undid all the crunch ... the metal just relaxed ... you could hear it ... then I undrilled and pulled all I could and replaced with a donor vehicle parts ... all in the comfort of a back alley ... not saying this is applicable to your situation but I did it ... and if I can anybody can ... you have to be a certain crazy though ... and that's hard to find
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

Post by twinlinemoto Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:06 am

Update!
    Kind of mixed news. When they started pulling on the frame to get it straight, a cloud of rust popped out in a few places. Now they arent sure that straightening and gusseting this truck is the best option as we have a straight parts truck. The parts truck is a 3 window though, not a 5 and has some funky tail lights. When they get the parts truck into the shop they will evaluate and see if it will be easier to use my truck as a donor to restore/customize the other truck. Im also hoping the other truck has a 200 in it already... It all sounds scary to me, but I trust them and they are aware of my budget restrictions. We will see how it goes!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Superc10

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Rfront10

That's my crate ... drove it around without the snout ... sure gets breezy ... if you noticed ... no squirters ... they were an option in the day

yikes
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Post by twinlinemoto Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

OK, it is official. My truck will be cut up to fix the other truck in the shop. I will be using the corner windows, rear bed corners, tranny, rear end, exhaust, interior, locks, gauges, and a few other miscellaneous parts from my old truck to build this new one. If anyone needs parts let me know, this one will be going to the scrapper after we are done with it!
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:51 pm

I could use the passengers front corner, rail seam and windsheild edge to the bottom from mid headlight bezel to the door. I'm not far from Seattle.
    Tuck
    Tuck

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

Post by Tuck Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Seth G wrote:I could use the passengers front corner, rail seam and windsheild edge to the bottom from mid headlight bezel to the door. I'm not far from Seattle.
    If you're cutting up that corner I need the corner under the light bezel that houses the turn signal and also connects to the center grille. The lower passenger corner with the horizontal lines. Maybe that's the same part you're needing but if not and you're looking for the upper section I'll take the lower section.

I was just about to cut mine off and try to beat it back into place but I'd prefer to buy out and find a section that's already ok and weld it back on.

Let me know.

thanks

Brad

shop 714 834 9968
    brad@woodsurfboardsupply.com
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Yeah, that's the main part I need, Mine is hammered beyond repair. The van got a small lick at some point on that corner low, messed up that panel and the outside around the lower headlite bezel. Someone bondo'd the piss out of it.
    Tuck
    Tuck

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

Post by Tuck Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Seth G wrote:Yeah, that's the main part I need, Mine is hammered beyond repair. The van got a small lick at some point on that corner low, messed up that panel and the outside around the lower headlite bezel. Someone bondo'd the piss out of it.
    Yeah same with mine. Looks like mine go hit once and someone bondo'd it all up then got hit again in the same place so now it's a dented, bondo'd and re-dented mess. I think I can knock mine back but it ain't gunna be easy. If anyone else has a lead on that passenger lower front corner please contact me.  I found the rear corners new and just about every other lower panel but the one I need. Of course Rolling Eyes
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Empty Changing directions

Post by twinlinemoto Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 am

After a few months being truck-less, I have a new perspective on the ideal situation. I have decided that after the restoration of my truck is complete I will be selling it and buying a slightly more practical vehicle. I will be fixing my 170 motor instead of building a hot rod 200, and painting it something a little more generally acceptable that goes with the black and orange interior. Any ideas? Hell I could just have it painted the colors it was!

The old truck will still be up for parting out as soon as the new one has all the donor parts on it, Ill keep you all posted.
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 pm

I would do it a metal flake or candy tangerine orange, that should go with the interior and get max resale!
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 pm

How's the project going twinline? I was wondering about that the other day. I think outside of something like pink or purple it will sell well no matter how it's done. Vantasia's idea sounds good. The right orange shade could be awesome, maybe with some black detailing, or vice versa.
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Post by twinlinemoto Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 am

Hey everyone! Back from the dead!

Massive update 3 years post accident:

The orange truck had a bad case of frame rot, and when attempting to straighten it out, we made the decision to build a working truck from our donor '64 3 window pickup, which had a straight frame and nose, but other imperfections in the body, interior and was without running gear. 3 years later, I have a nearly complete truck with one beautiful body! Its all gloss black now, pics soon to follow.

We are also now at a point where I can start parting out what I have left. I will post whatever pics I can, but the trucks are 2 hours away from me and I do not visit often. I know the rear corner glass on the orange truck is still good and original. There may be other front end parts, interior parts, etc that may be useable and I would like to give anyone here first crack at them to try and keep more econolines on the road.

Thanks!
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Post by twinlinemoto Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:39 am

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Photo%20Mar%2027%2010%2026%2015%20AM_zpso0ew9gdl

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Photo%20Mar%2027%2010%2026%2052%20AM_zpsbi0ohhcb

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Photo%20Jun%2007%201%2006%2051%20PM_zpsjgh7mnh8

I crashed my 63 e truck - Page 2 Photo%20Jun%2007%201%2006%2020%20PM_zpsiezcucay
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Congrats! Looks nice and shiny Very Happy

Let us know what parts are available when you get a chance.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Well, I'll be damned! I thought you were giving it up, gonna sell and move on to something easier to dd? I don't suppose the old chassis or bottom front end is lying around is it?

She's looking good Twisted Evil
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Post by twinlinemoto Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 am

Seth G: Unfortunately the plan is still to sell it and get something more convenient for the whole family, but we had already started the whole restoration process so now we need to finish it! The old chassis and front end are kinda fucked from the crash, but you are welcome to them if you wish!

Vanny: This is pretty much a what you see is what you get kind of thing. The only things we havent used are certain parts of the original body, corner windows, and the old steering column and shifter. Let me know if you would like any of it!
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Post by twinlinemoto Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 am

LAST CALL!

If anyone wants any of the parts off the orange truck let me know asap, its going to the scrappers at the end of the month.

Thanks!
    ramian09
    ramian09

Number of posts : 167
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post by ramian09 Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Rear bumper mounts?
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Windshield washer squirters that mount just below the windshield

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am