VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+16
donivan65
dodge man
econopoor
the_surfing_guy
Magic Bus
HandiVanMan
dix
RipVanArkie
Digz
Vannin Ken
G-Man
Vanish
Joe Van
Big W
EconoCarl
vanny
20 posters

Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff!

Vannin Ken
    Vannin Ken

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2012-12-29

Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff! - Page 4 Empty Re: Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff!

Post by Vannin Ken Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks Vanny just as i thought.. the trans crossmember looks like from the donor 68-74 and that trans being from the same year looking for the same set up for mine. I appreciate the pics. Ken

Seth G likes this post

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Vanny if you have a tap it doesn't hurt to run it up all those holes before you bolt it up. kocks out the lose dirt and cleanns up the threds. thats what i try to do. takes 5 extra minutes.

Seth G likes this post

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for the tip Dix. Love this site! Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff! - Page 4 Fistbu12

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:51 am

vanny wrote:think it's a 240 but not sure!
    You have a 240 all right.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Bought my van a Christmas present this year...it finally arrived today! We're both Very Happy!!!

Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff! - Page 4 Ruffdi10

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your van!! (Your family too.)

Jim
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:10 pm

That's a nice looking dash skirt vanny, is it new?
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Seth, yes it is. I found a guy named Joel who does fiberglass batches of them. $175 plus shipping. Cheaper than the ones I've seen on Feebay. He fills in the holes because people mount them different ways but he marks them so you can see where the holes were. He also leaves a little extra on the top part where it meets the dash so that you can sand or trim it to fit snugly against the dash just in case the dash is not perfectly straight. I had one in my secnnd Econoline and loved the way it hid the underdash stuff and there ain't many early Econolines anywhere close to here, especially ones that would have dashskirts in them. If anyone would like his info, you can just PM me and I'd be happy to share it.

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:53 am

Haven't posted anything in a long time because life has been getting in the way but have been trying to get some little things done lately so that I can feel like it's not being ignored. I know it's not like the work you other guys have been doing but at least it's a small step in the right direction. I'm NOT giving up on this dream!

I sent my glovebox door to BackToTheWoods (Bill Rowe) to have him paint a Rat Fink on it and it turned out Fantastic!!! Can't wait to get it reinstalled.

Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff! - Page 4 Pa_sgl10

Seth G, Russell, JackeFriend and 13-ball like this post

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Got it installed after painting the backside. Took the glovebox to Napa and they scanned it to find out the color blue that was on the front. Turns out it is a GM color called Space Blue. Had them mix me a spray can for touch ups. Still have to realign but at least it’s back in for now.

Vanny's Diamond in the Ruff! - Page 4 Bb6afe10

savage, Russell and JackeFriend like this post

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Very cool !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 am