VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper

1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper Empty 1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm

New to the forum, but not to chevy van's. I bought my cruisaire van conversion in 1972. It was the first bubble top camper van manufactured. They were built in Gardena, Calif. What looks I got traveling back east in 72. People were in awe. It was top of the line. Cost the same price as a new 72 cadillac el dorado. Anyhow, the reason I'm writing in this forum is I need to finally sale it. It hasn't been running for 10 years or more, I use to run it every few months, but one year we got an extended freeze at my cabin where its parked, and it popped a freeze plug. So couldn't run it anymore. I just tore out all the paneling that was on the interior walls, along with the old bed, cabinets, etc. I would like to know from the forum if I should sale it for parts or try to sell it as a restorable van. It is a G30 1 ton van, 350 eng and tranny. The rear is out in the tranny (reason for first parking it). Just would like to find someone who would want to restore it. If thats feasible. It would take alot of work. Just feeling out the community to get your recommendations. I loved this van and had about 30 years of great memories. Sorry for the long rant. Thx
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper Empty Re: 1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper

Post by RipVanArkie Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 am

pics please, even old ones...

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper Empty Re: 1972 chevy "cruisaire" bubble top camper

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 am

Always need many pix & an ="Asking price"??affraid 

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Here are some pictures.  Comes with 6 16.5 wheels.  One is the original chrome wheel.  The dash was tore up by someone trying to steal the AC unit and fan.  Didn't remove it, just tore up the dash.  Had original captain chairs, need upholstery now.  Mice chewed on some of the dog house.  Windshield needs replaced.  All other windows intact.  Back door needs alignment.  Hitch receiver dented in.  Don't remember how that happened.  Anyhow, It would be a major project for someone.  I understand the one ton chassis is in demand to convert to a 4wd unit.  Also understand a better transmission is available, other than the turbo 350.  The one in the van now was my third tranny.  Lousy transmissions.  The reverse is out in this one.  The reason I first parked it.  Motor ran great and carb was excellent.  Carb has been covered.  I would entertain any offers.  haha   Thanks for looking.

I have been trying to add pictures for well over an hour. I quit. I had to download a video performer and it still won't post. I belong to alot of forums but never had this kind of problem. Any suggestions on how to make it easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 pm