VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
RodStRace
G-Man
6 posters

Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D

Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D Empty Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:06 am

Mellow greetings all. My name is Ty Augustine, and I am brand spankin new to earlies and all of their glory. I am in the process of trying to acquire an E-type van or pickup. I think they are just the coolest things smokin!

A little about me. Im 28. I live in San Antonio, Texas with my Fiance and dog. I work in the oilfield here in South Texas. Super mellow, laid back kind of guy. Looking forward to getting started on this adventure and hopefully getting to meet some of you.

I managed to put together a rendering in photoshop of an idea. Hopefully I can get a couple more done with some other ideas. Im thinking more of a custom than a restoration.

Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D View

Im going to do my best not to annoy anyone with my questions, I will certainly have some.

Cheers!

Ty Augustine
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D Empty Re: Hola Amigos! And Amigonitas.... :D

Post by G-Man Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 am

Welcome to VV!!! Don't worry about the questions, that's what we are here for. We all were new to these vans once
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:11 am

Hola!
    Spend some time on the site and you'll get a lot of info to guide your first purchase.
    I had a GF from San Antonio, she was mellow too. Must be something in the water.Smile 
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 am

Welcome aboard the Good Ship VV! Keep an eye on the "E Vans for Sale" section that GMan diligently updates on a daily basis. Of course, being down in the Great State of Texas, you probably have access to some pretty decent vans or pickups in without too much rust. Rust is the ENEMY!!! Although, a little surface rust and worn down lettering can give some of these gems a really nice patina if that's a look you're going for. You'll get plenty of ideas and advice on this site so buckle up and enjoy the ride!!!

Last edited by vanny on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 am

Thanks for the warm greetings, gents. My plan, thus far, is a V8, either a 302 or a 350 with an automatic. I don't want anything bananas, but a little oomph never hurt anyone. Very Happy

I do have a good friend that custom builds quarter mile terrors, some of them run 6 second quarters If I remember correctly, so I shouldnt have any issues with fabrication. I believe he even has a rotisserie. Very Happy

I find myself daydreaming about cruising coastal highways in this thing(never done that before) hahaha.

I'm really excited about this project!
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:15 am

Welcome to VV. V8 swaps are easy and as for cruising you are in for a treat in your picture window on wheels!
    A100 Wrench
    A100 Wrench

Number of posts : 572
    Registration date : 2013-05-12

Post by A100 Wrench Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:54 am

Welcome and let the adventure begin!!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:43 pm

welcome to vintage vans, nomatter what van you buy someone can help you with any question you have...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am