VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Considering new high back seats...A van

Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Considering new high back seats...A van Empty Considering new high back seats...A van

Post by Gothboy Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 am

So Ive been thinking and thinking and thinking...

This is a tough decidion! I want high back seats in my van, but I love my current factory seats (that need to be redone) Im literally 50/50 on this. Theres ONE thing I can think of that will sway my decision. Ease of fitment.
    I would have to pay for new seats, buuut I would have to pay to have mine redone.
    Buying new (junkyard) seats would be cheaper buuuut I dont get to pick the pattern.

That sais, the only real pro would be cheaper seats that dont need to be recovered and fit RIGHT in (pretty much).

What are the best fitting (almost bolt in) high back seats you guys know of?
    I know nothing is drop in because of the "pin" style setup, but you know what I mean. Input welcomed please.

Experts....GO! Very Happy

Considering new high back seats...A van Empty Re: Considering new high back seats...A van

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm

i got 05 mazda mpv leather nonelectric seats. front fit pretty easy cause slides where on bottom of seat not floor. bought all 3 rows in great no rips shape for $150. second row is gona be a little bit more of challange but not ready for them yet
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Considering new high back seats...A van Empty Re: Considering new high back seats...A van

Post by RodStRace Wed May 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Look for something with a thin base and take measurements of where the tracks mount on your seats. A handy way is to grab a chunk of cardboard and mark the 4 holes. Take this to the yard and scope out the possibilities. Don't forget total width too!
    I've heard Miata, 914 Porsche, and other sports cars. I'd also look at Pinto (narrow). The Neons have some cool confetti fabric, but again, you have to choose from what's there. Most yards charge the same no matter what material, so get the best you can find.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 am

Right on. Good advice so far! Thanks guys! I dont really care what they're out of so if they're mercedes or yugo as long as they fit great and look ok im happy. Mazda MPV's should be really common, so thats a great place to look, neons and miatas too!

As far as the cardboard thats a great idea to, I dont know why I didnt think of it, considering I used to end up doing alot of stuff with 60's mustang seats so I had a couple boards pre drilled for them haha. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am