VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of your van?

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Empty Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of your van?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I am in the middle of restoration on my 66 first gen. I got the rear-end put this weekend and I would like to get to an undercoat done next wasn't sure about weither or not I should do it myself or send it to a body shop. Any thoughts or sugestions? scratch
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Empty Re: Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of your van?

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:57 pm

About 10 years ago I painted the bottom of my van and insides of my doors with Zero Rust,,,,,still looks brand new,,,,

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Backen10

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Disk710

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Disk910
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

undercarriage - Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of  your van? Empty Re: Has anyone undercoated the undercarriage of your van?

Post by Murdock Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:16 pm

I got an undercoating air gun and use the Fast Dry rubberized undercoating, easy and works great.

http://www.amazon.com/FAST-DRY-RUBBERIZED-UNDERCOATING-850/dp/B002HOLLC8

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Murdock any photos of your work doing the undercoating? I would really like to see the result
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Yes, I need to dig for them, I'll get them up shortly

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Great
    delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Post by delraydoug Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 pm

i used por-15 it works good really stiffend up rusty areas fills in small pin holes. they make it in thicker and put it in squease tubes for bigger holes or seams. you can acaully glue metal patches on using this stuff. only for place's where theres no direct sun light. work great on my gas tank also

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 am