VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

What's The Difference?

What's The Difference? Empty What's The Difference?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:43 pm

I just bought the Lazy Daze Sportsman Housecar Class C camper conversion in the photo posted with 2 red stripes. It is supposedly an A-100. The wheelbase is 90" and the VIN decodes as a pickup with a V-8 but the plate on the driver's door sill says A-110. What is the difference between an A-100 pickup and an A110 pickup?
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

What's The Difference? Empty Re: What's The Difference?

Post by RodStRace Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Welcome to the site!
    I have a Lazy Daze camper and an unknown mfgr. parts one that had the camper stripped before I got it.
    Both were built on pickups - the telltale signs were the back pan has the license cutout, the weight bar holes and no side door edge stamping.

All pickups are short (90") wheel base.
    As for the plate, I just walked out and checked.
    Lazy Daze also has 110 on the top right box.
    The unknown one has 100. A friend's pickup also has 100, but a different plate layout.
    So, here are a couple GUESSES, I do not know the exact reason...
    1. The 110 is an indication of a heavier weight classification, so the camper can be added. I did not check each GVWR.
    2. The 110 is an ID for vehicles destined for aftermarket conversion. In later years, these were referred to as cutaways. The parts one was crudely hacked at the back of the cab, so I don't know if it was a cheap factory conversion or a home-built from a pickup. I'm leaning toward a home-built from other clues.
    If any others here have pickups or campers and can post their examples, we might be able to figure this out.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 pm

What's The Difference? Empty what's the Difference?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

On another forum was posted about an A120 that this was the bed length. Might it be that the bed length was longer on the Optional 3,600# rear axle model or on the version destined for cab-and-chassis application.

As for contacting the factory, I contacted Lazy Daze and found they can't even verify that they made such a unit older than 1984. That's amazing for a company claining they've been in bisiness since 1956.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm