VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
bensbus
Space Truckin
6 posters

Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside

Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside Empty Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Someone local to me is selling a cheap 61 Corvair rampside with at least 1 extra engine and looks to be complete. The body looks like is has some rust on the rocker panels and probably other places.

I have not been to look at it yet but there doesn't seem to be any people on the forums that have these pickups.

Is it worth my time to part it out?
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside Empty Re: Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside

Post by Space Truckin Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Don't know if I would part it out. Not my cup of tea What a Face but there are a lot of people looking for them especially the rampside, pick it up and depending on what is "cheap" sell it whole "AS IS" JM2C
    bensbus
    bensbus

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2012-09-23

Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside Empty Re: Should I part out a 61 Corvair rampside

Post by bensbus Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Rampsides are very rare...especially solid ones. A bit of rocker rust is nothing!

Let us know when you have a better picture.

I have a '61 Rampside in addition to my '62 Greenbrier van. There is lots of interest in these trucks...so if you'd like more info, PM me and we can chat about the air-cooled side of things.

Ben
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 pm

dont -if it was a vw -YES!!!!!!!!!!! affraid cheers

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

From what we have been told there's quite a bit of rust on it that you cant see in the pictures and we dont want another project to fix up.

I think we'll probably pass on it we just wondered if it would be worth parting out.

On a side not someone is selling one in Socal with a big turbo. Here the link.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3531051547.html
    andrew carter
    andrew carter

Number of posts : 465
    Registration date : 2011-09-04

Post by andrew carter Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 pm

if its not a dodge its scrap metal Very Happy
    sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Love the rampsides. save it - someone will want it.
    Hellfish

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2011-03-01

Post by Hellfish Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 am

There's definitely a strong market for Rampys within the Corvair world, but don't expect to make a huge profit. Corvairs are cheap, and Corvair owners are a cheap lot, so they won't pay much for anything, unless it's a really rare part.
    bensbus
    bensbus

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2012-09-23

Post by bensbus Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am

Hellfish wrote:There's definitely a strong market for Rampys within the Corvair world, but don't expect to make a huge profit. Corvairs are cheap, and Corvair owners are a cheap lot, so they won't pay much for anything, unless it's a really rare part.

As a Corvair owner- would like to take offense- but he is absolutely right! Corvair owners, most admittedly, are a cheap bunch. But the cars are so cool, they make up for it.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:03 pm

I decided to pass on it, I dont have the time for another project and I would hate to part out something that someone else could save and put back on the road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am