BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Finding cool stuff

gkpost

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Finding cool stuff

Post by gkpost on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 pm

I was just wondering if any of you have ever found anything cool or wired in your van. When I first got my van it had the 70's hippie int in it and it was beat,dirty and had to go. the lady I got the van from said it was her uncles and he was a tie dyed in the wool hippie. So I figured I would probably find something, concert ticket stub, roach clip,anything. Well as it turns out my van was owned by the cleanest hippie ever. All I found(see pic) was old trash.
So if you found anything let's hear about it. ~ GK.
boroop

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Re: Finding cool stuff

Post by boroop on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 am

Only I've found so far is about 35 cents in coins dating from the late 1960s. Cool mementos but not worth anything as they were under the rear carpet for decades. Smile
thatcherworks

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Post by thatcherworks on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:47 am

found this and a pack of zigzags
No bad days

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Post by No bad days on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 pm

I've been doing body work on my roof and found about 6 used siringes up in the roof to wall seam. As I was driving cross country in Jan one fell on my floor board. I kicked it down by my door and thought I'd throw it away when I stopped for gas. Well 15 hours later at about 1:30 am I pull up to a check point in New Mexico and stop, They ask me all the standard questions, where you from, where you going, what are you doing in New Mexico etc. It's 14 degrees out and I have 6 federal officers standing around the van with a dog sniffing the van and I'm think what else is in this thing. Then one officer says Scott can you pull over there, I want to talk to you. Turns out he was from San Diego and just wanted to BS about S.D. We exchanged Business cards and I went on my way. The funny thing was, he knew of my company and was suprised to see me in the middle of nowere in a 68 GMC van. Kind of nerve racking but made for a funny memory.
gkpost

Post by gkpost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

So I'm cutting out some rot on the top of where my windshield should be and I see some paper, and this is what I get,more trash. Better than nothing.
Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 pm

when i pyrcahsed my 68 sportvan -it was all apert & was started on some lite body work-had no rust issues. I found in the boxes of parts the origional owners manual from when it was sold by the dealer-here also in washington state also- the owners manual. and the second owners info also . Im the 3rd owner now since new - Van has I believe just sat for years- was origional 283 & powerglide-3;73- 1 posi rear axle also- i did find along with all else some old coins from the 60-70' eras. Nothing exciting except the old owners info.
Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

gkpost wrote:So I'm cutting out some rot on the top of where my windshield should be and I see some paper, and this is what I get,more trash. Better than nothing.

Just picked up a 350ci long block in Huntington Park today, for my van.
gkpost

Post by gkpost on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 am

Ever here of Gypsy's Pub ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm