VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
blackace
rebar
dix
RodStRace
austinmodhouse
9 posters

fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration.

fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration. Empty fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am

I gotta clue now....I feed my body garbage.....Fast food makes me supper lazy and our rad dodge A-100 just sits there,NOTHING is getting done,it's my brain on fat and grease....so,I'm going to try juicing with fresh fruits and veggies for 10 days and cut out fast food to see if my brain functions better....so I can get more involved in bringing this van up to it's potential...saw a show on hulu called fat,sick and dying and this dude went from 300 to 180 in 60 days just by drinking blended fruit and vegetables....his brain sharpened and his thoughts became much clearer.I'm going to give it a run for ten days......hopfully this radical change will start getting me and the dodge in much better condition....see ya brovan....oh by the way,I changed out that bent pushrod.....did a engine running valve adjustment,and trated the 170 slant to a large drink of marvel mystery oil and the difference is almost night and day,smoother and quieter.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration. Empty Re: fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration.

Post by austinmodhouse Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 am

good luck on your challenge.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration. Empty Re: fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration.

Post by RodStRace Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:59 am

cut out soda!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8728
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm

If you deceide to come home from work and do 1 to 2 hours every eve on the van befor dinner or what ever you do you will be surprised how much you will get done. Before long it will be your motavation...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Damn guys,I was reading thru the "a" discussion and realized, nobody wants to hear a vanners personal drama or any kinda bullshit, so my thanks to the three van men for there encouragement but I'll do you all a favor and stick with talkin shop about these stubby,bitching little vans as challenges come up and solutions are sought after....ya,I won't forget pictures...hey Rod,I know you said to look over my wiring in one of your steps but I'm no sparky,so I'll leave it alone untill it catches fire on the freeway,in the mean time I'm going to follow after what slowflapper did as far as changing out the coil condenser and gettin some stainless steal tubing and a flair tool/bender to redo the fuel lines and slosh my tank with tar to seal it up.later.
    rebar
    rebar

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Living in the Northwest where it rains for 8 months a year, I've learned to count my blessings, and try to look on the bright side of things. I, personally, am pretty darned thankful that we'll probably be seeing the sun again in just another 5 months. Now that, my friends, is an exhilarating thought.
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 am

Boy that is really looking for that bright spec out there on the horizon.. Keep that attitude. We are looking at 70's by Sunday here in Ohio. Go figure
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am

yeah i cant wait till sunday i'm going for spin in the van, next week its getting cold again, all this snow is about gone now with the worm up !!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am

Dix is right little work adds up and the more you do the more you want to do. Sometimes money slows you down, but things like sandpaper and a can of primer don't cost much.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am

yeah don't sweat it van go. right now im limited to just "what I can do in the driveway in a day". My van is running well enough but I cant start on anything major like body work until I get my free standing garage built. So, I just drive it like it is.

One of these days it'll get done. Smile
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 am

slowflapper wrote:yeah don't sweat it van go. right now im limited to just "what I can do in the driveway in a day". My van is running well enough but I cant start on anything major like body work until I get my free standing garage built. So, I just drive it like it is.

One of these days it'll get done. Smile

I am in the same boat. lots of ideas and things that need done but no room to do them in. I am in process of buying a 30X40 pole building and should be able to start getting into the body work and pull things out of the truck to get them done. Very Happy
    rebar
    rebar

Post by rebar Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 pm

slowflapper wrote:yeah don't sweat it van go. ... I cant start on anything major like body work until I get my free standing garage built. So, I just drive it like it is.

One of these days it'll get done.

Gotta look at it this way. Unless you're building a trailer queen, once you have all the mechanical stuff done, and all the bodywork done, and all the painting done, and all the interior done, there's nothing left to aim for and the only direction to go from there is down-hill. You'll park at the mall and watch some bozo park next to you and swing open his door, slamming it into yours. You'll go to get gas in New Jersey or Oregon and the enthusiastic attendant will miss the filler pipe and gouge your paint with the nozzle – and not even apologize. You'll go to the rental place for a trailer and the clown backing you up won't think it's important enough to tell you when to stop and the trailer's tongue will crash a new dent into your formerly perfect rear door, and he won't even acknowledge that anything at all happened. You'll go to Home Depot and the kid at the store will carry a box to your van for you while you're following with another box and since the boxes are too heavy to hold with one hand, rather than put the box down, he'll just jam it into your door's paint so he can free up one hand and grab the locked door handle and energetically twist it downward, stripping the inner workings. You're the adventurous, lone-wolf type so you maybe take a little trip and in the middle of Arizona run into a sand storm. Or maybe you'll think it cool to ride at the water's edge on Pismo Beach and a little sneaker wave will come in, loosen up the hard surface and bury you to the axles in salt water and sand. Don't like the beach? Ok. So you head out to the desert on some nice secluded dirt road – you know – the kind of road that only four or five other cars take the entire year – and you start going down a steep hill that gets you thinking that maybe this isn't such a good idea, so you try backing up and the tires just spin. In order to gain enough traction to get out you end up putting a 1,000 pounds of rocks in the back, on that new carpet. Don't like the desert? Ok. So you head to the mountains on some old remote logging road – you know – the kind of road that nobody's been on for 3 years – and you find a beautiful secluded meadow with grazing elk and bald eagles and decide to spend the night. While trying to sleep you keep hearing scratching noises against the undercarriage and realize it's ground squirrels or wood rats and you just hope they don't chew through your new brake lines. A storm comes in. Next morning you crawl out of your sleeping bag and open the side door and, never-mind that it's the middle of July, there's a foot of snow on the ground, camouflaging the rocks and potholes in the road ahead, not to mention the fallen tree branches everywhere, far too many to cut up and move, so you just say, "f- it", and start driving through them, scratching and gouging your paint as you go..... and then you come around a bend and realize why no-one's been back there for 3 years – the road had been abandoned due to a rock slide, and if you're lucky, your half a tank of gas will be enough to get you back to a station – in the next two days, .... etc.... etc...
    Don't like that the progress on your van is slow-going? I'd say, enjoy it while you can, before you get it in pristine condition. Because once all the work's done, it's all down-hill from there.
    Did I mention the acid rain? - or my windshield's battle with the over-loaded gravel truck? .....
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8728
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:21 pm

that's some creative writing there rebar. but you are never done cuz you go to the van nationals and see what every one else is doing or has done and guess what ??? You have a new list and then like you said some camping trips it's never over...

Post by rebar Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Smile

Maybe that's why some of us steer clear of such events – lest they trigger our obsessive/compulsive behavior...

Like an old girlfriend once told me, "You know, green [with jealousy] really isn't your color".

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 am

Rebar, that was... well here's a golf clap for ya!
    fat,depressed and lazy with my restoration. Golf-clap
    rebar
    rebar

Post by rebar Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks, but, I'll do just about anything to postpone working on my taxes.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:50 pm

[idont worry about those taxes - irs will alert u with siezure in about 6 years !!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
    rebar
    rebar

Post by rebar Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Last time, it only took them 15 months.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 pm