VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Murals vinyl or rub on transfers?

Raz
    Raz

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-07-18

Murals vinyl or rub on transfers? Empty Murals vinyl or rub on transfers?

Post by Raz Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone else has done a mural on the side of their van. I plan on doing it, but airbrushing is not a option really. So I have the options to use a vinyl wrap deal or a rub on transfer. However I know very little about this. I myself figured that the rub on transfer would be better because you can put a clear coat over it. If anyone knows more about this subject I will be delighted to hear your input.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Murals vinyl or rub on transfers? Empty Re: Murals vinyl or rub on transfers?

Post by RodStRace Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:39 am

Murals = expensive and you gotta trust the artist. Can be buried in clear to last.
    Vinyl = cheap to expensive, layout and design can be set before application. Lasts a few years, then must be removed and leaves an outline.
    I don't know about transfers.

I've got vinyl on my 108. 4 colors, Black, Green, White and Red. Doing a printed one would have easily cost double but allows a wide range of colors and fades. Think Taxis and advertising cars.

Murals vinyl or rub on transfers? Van

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am