VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

my nylon oil pressure sender line broke

thatcherworks
    thatcherworks

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

my nylon oil pressure sender line broke Empty my nylon oil pressure sender line broke

Post by thatcherworks Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:40 am

and its pouring oil. happened to me yesterday. its not copper so I couldent crimp it to stop the leak until I get a replacement . to plug up that line i just melted the end closed with a lighter and off i went to the store. it held! or at least it did for 6 miles. any other advice? im thinking of mounting my gages to the doghouse to shorten the amount of line i have to run.
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

my nylon oil pressure sender line broke Empty Re: my nylon oil pressure sender line broke

Post by white-lightning Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 pm

I had that happen to me last year when I was sitting in the driveway idling. Was able to shut it down in a second as I was looking in the dh when it happened. I bought a eletric pressure gauage, but have yet to install it. For now I just have the dummy light sender in.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

my nylon oil pressure sender line broke Empty Re: my nylon oil pressure sender line broke

Post by itruns Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm

That's 1/8" line. I think the UV rays killed mine. Autoparts stores should have it in stock. I used a compression connector coupling to slice it under the truck, then ran it up to the dash.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

always run copper!!!!!!!!!!!!sun & age dont bother it.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:always run copper!!!!!!!!!!!!sun & age dont bother it.

Oops Embarassed

I was in a hurry and a bit pissed off at the time. "Whats this wire for? WFT! HOLY S#!T!"
    thatcherworks
    thatcherworks

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

Post by thatcherworks Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

thats allmost exactly what i said. i was messing with shifter bushings and did the whats this crappy looking tube for check and it just shattered.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 pm

yea thats the problem with that nylon stuff- whats really bad is when it breaks under the van where u dont notice & pukes all the oil out when on the roads driving - hey about the time u notice the oil pressure is none -u hear the knocking & guess what?/ S__T!!
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Post by mo_1040 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 pm

That happened to me with my Camaro, filled up my right shoe before I noticed Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm