VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

dodge a100 van door locks?

core wanderer
    core wanderer

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

dodge a100 van door locks? Empty dodge a100 van door locks?

Post by core wanderer Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

all the auto shops and books call for the wrong one, does anyone know a door lock cylinder that will fit in there? or where i can get 3 from a junk yard?

http://corewanderer.blogspot.com/2012/07/escape-from-seattle.html

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

dodge a100 van door locks? Empty Re: dodge a100 van door locks?

Post by RodStRace Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Diggin' the trip, dude!
    I just got back a set I had a guy do up for me. I got 'em out of a JY van and he was able to get them all working and keyed the same. Ran a few bucks (under 100), so you may want to go the cheaper route. I was told the front doors are the same as 61-64 (?) A body (Dart/Valiant). There is a left and right. The side/rear door lock is a C body from the early 60s too. Both of those are the same, I think right side but may be left. Anyway, IF you can find a JY with cars/locks with keys, that's what to look out for. The big thing is to get working locks with keys. The later WRONG ones are easily taken apart and rekeyed. The early ones like the vans are tougher; ya gotta find a good ol' locksmith.
    On the Overheating front, you need the basics. Good flow through the block (Clear passages, good pump), good flow through the hoses and rad (Spring in the bottom hose so it doesn't collapse), and good airflow through the radiator (belly pan, side pans, fan shroud and fan) and a happy engine. Seeing that you are pushing a high top loaded down, ALL of this is needed, and maybe a bit more. Cruising the cooler coast is good. By the time you are past Big Sur, it's going to be warmer and often faster paced. Make sure you get that settled before you cook something!
    core wanderer
    core wanderer

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Post by core wanderer Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

thanks for the tip man, i never even thought of taking them to a locksmith, im in santa cruz right now, and found a guy thats going to take a look at them tomorrow,i have had my eyes on junk yards for weeks. currently i have lock box locks rigged in there..they do the job..but not very well, as for the running hot.. the rad. has been rebuilt, all new hoses, water pump,intake gasket, new exhaust,185 thermostat, everything flows great, sucks hot air great, after i started running 30/70 coolant and put on 2 pusher fans, i haven't overheated..i put the 7 lb cap back on cause the 13 didnt help me out with a cooler temp, still running between 200 and 220 but seems to be running great and its only went over 220 a couple times in the heat climbing a big pass..so i just slow down to 35mpg kick on the heater and all is well.. we are at 5975 lbs right now so i figure that is part of it, we will be hitting the big sur area in a few days so, i plan on driving at night and early morns if she starts running hotter than 220
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:28 am

Santa Cruz, ah yes...
    If you are in a bar and the fan is wobbly, don't bother pointing it out to the bartender. They will say it's been like that for a while, then 5 minutes later it comes crashing down! Then they look at YOU like it's your fault!
    Lost Boys was shot there too, keeping with the Goonies (and Kindergarden Cop) from earlier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm