VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC

tocino
    tocino

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2012-04-26

Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC Empty Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC

Post by tocino Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi folks,

first post, so "Hello!"

I'm looking for a 1st generation Econoline in running condition. I've searched eBay / CL but I figured I'd go right to the source (i.e. you folks Smile)

I'm just north of DC so something within 2-3 hours drive that I can see personally would be best, but if someone has / knows of a good rust-free Western van I'm open to that (although I have no idea how much shipping would be - anyone done this recently?)

thanks
    Steve

(I've emailed on one in the York, Penn craigslist and am waiting for a reply. Unfortunately they left no phone # in the ad)
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC Empty Re: Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Welcome to Vintage Vans!!! Here's a link to the E vans for sale fourm. Maybe you can find something close to you.
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/f22-e-vans-for-sale
    tocino
    tocino

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2012-04-26

Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC Empty Re: Hello and looking for 1st gen Econoline near DC

Post by tocino Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks!
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Tue May 01, 2012 7:13 am

There was a nice FORD '67 for sale last week in PA for $900.
    Check the E Vans For Sale Post
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:31 am

Hey Tocino

Use this link for Econolines on Craigslist

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=1966+econoline+site:craigslist.org&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1024&bih=567&cad=b&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb

This one is for 1966 but you can change it for each year 1961 to 1967 and do another search.

One thing I found that that helped a lot before I got my vanup were the comments in all the posts concerning getting parts, what needed fixing, the how to do's, etc. There is an extreme wealth of knowledge on this site.

You should come to the Northeast Gathering of Earlys. There will be vans there for sale....other vans done well and those not so well done...a thousand ideas...
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 pm

welcome. my buddy just sent me pics from tennessee this past tuesday. there were tons of ecos out there in these little car lots. they were pretty cheap too. i will see if he has any numbers.
    he didnt bring any back, but almost got an early chevy. it was a nice looking driver for under 2k.
    vango2012
    vango2012

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-06-21

Post by vango2012 Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm