VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same?

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same? Empty Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same?

Post by HandiVanMan Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 am

Will a 1st Gen. Chevy choke cable work in a 2nd Gen. Chevy?
    I would also like to know if anyone has ever replaced the stock cable with an aftermarket cable like edelbrock & if so will it fit in the same place where ghe stock cable is located?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same? Empty Re: Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same?

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 am

I have a few cables. Both 1st & 2nd Gen's. All are the same length. They all came out of van's with L6 motors and not sure if the V8's have a different cable or not. But using one in the panel van with the 327 now and reached my edelbrock just fine...

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same? Empty Re: Are the 1st & 2nd Gen. Chevy choke cables the same?

Post by HandiVanMan Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks for the info Dan. The one on my 69 Chevy with a 6cyl engine broke. I think that I have a good one on my 65 Chevy parts van & it has a 6cyl in it. If it is not any good do you know if I can buy a edelbrock choke cable & mount it in the same place?
    jazzcat
    jazzcat

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2014-05-03

Post by jazzcat Mon May 05, 2014 12:50 am

I'm new to these vans, and my choke cable is missing. Where is the factory spot for the choke? Front of the doghouse or right by the steering wheel?
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Front of the dog house
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm

any cable should work, as long as it is long enough. theyre pretty universal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am