VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Are E-van stocks going to drop?

Are E-van stocks going to drop? Empty Are E-van stocks going to drop?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 pm

It's just an observation, but I was just looking through the A,E and G vans for sale and the new E-vans listing in the last two days is something like 15 w/three of those being relist, still out number the other two by a lot.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Are E-van stocks going to drop? Empty Re: Are E-van stocks going to drop?

Post by Donn Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't think they will drop. I think most are asking more then they should.I Think they push up the price point.
    Also a lot depends on where you live. In this area (NYC and surounding area's) you NEVER see any earlies on the street.
    If someone had the resource's you could make a lot of money buying on the west coast and selling on the east.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm

It always been like that, and I have seen all early vans go up in price over the last 8 yrs
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Donn wrote:I don't think they will drop. I think most are asking more then they should.I Think they push up the price point.
    Also a lot depends on where you live. In this area (NYC and surounding area's) you NEVER see any earlies on the street.
    If someone had the resource's you could make a lot of money buying on the west coast and selling on the east.

Donn, I was just thinking the same thing the other day when I looked at all the great van listings out West. I actually typed it and erased it.

Someone could buy up all the very reasonably priced vans that just need a little TLC to make them roadworthy and open up a van lot. How sweet would that be? Nothing but Earlies and vans in general!

The shortage of East Coast vans and the even smaller number of First Gen Chevy's nearly caused me to "settle" for something else that wasn't my first choice.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Lazarusvan wrote:
    Donn wrote:I don't think they will drop. I think most are asking more then they should.I Think they push up the price point.

Donn, I was just thinking the same thing the other day when I looked at all the great van listings out West. I actually typed it and erased it.

Someone could buy up all the very reasonably priced vans that just need a little TLC to make them roadworthy and open up a van lot. How sweet would that be? Nothing but Earlies and vans in general!

The shortage of East Coast vans and the even smaller number of First Gen Chevy's nearly caused me to "settle" for something else that wasn't my first choice.

Being fairly young 53 and retired That would be a dream job. How great would a "business trip" be to go to Calf. hunt down earlies, ship them back east, play around, fix them up a bit and sell them for a profit..
    If I ever win lotto that's my next job.. Very Happy
    bumpbug

Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2010-01-16

Post by bumpbug Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Donn wrote:
    Lazarusvan wrote:

Being fairly young 53 and retired That would be a dream job. How great would a "business trip" be to go to Calf. hunt down earlies, ship them back east, play around, fix them up a bit and sell them for a profit..
    If I ever win lotto that's my next job.. Very Happy

The only bad thing about that is there is a reason there are very few good east coast vans. . . . Bad weather and salt. So if you take all the west coast vans towards the east we start loosing even more vans, that seem to be getting more and more back on the road. Just my .000002 cents worth.
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:10 am

Big reason they are rusted is 40 year old undercoating and paint and lack of caring. If a person had a van undercoated and washed it regularly it wouldnt rust like that from winter driving. These vans took 99% of their abuse before they were desirable so it isnt a huge surprise. Same will be said about the cars from the 90s and 2000s in 2040 when everyone will be in Dumbcar, err Smartcars and Hover vehicles. Still waiting for that Delorian conversion kit...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 am