VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Shifter Issue

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Shifter Issue Empty Shifter Issue

Post by Lazarusvan Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am

Hey, guys. I have this shifter and it's tricky to get it to go back and forth between park/drive/reverse. Sometimes it's hard to get it to go and it's tough to get into the correct notch. When having trouble getting it to go into reverse, I will pull it back down to drive and then have to kick it back up quickly to get it to into reverse, if that makes any sense?

Any thoughts on what it might need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-M-QuickSilver-Shifter-80683-/330618999438?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfa6d928e
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Shifter Issue Empty Re: Shifter Issue

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 am

Lee,
    I've had B&M Quick Silver's for some time now in a few different vehicles and after time these sometimes get a little sticky if they are exposed on the underside. I found that if you pull the top cover, shoot some lithium grease and work the shifter (Pull the shift lever "up") and work the grease into the slide and ratchet mechanism the normally loosen up. It could also be just a hair out of adjustment but most of the time they just need cleaning and a lube. (I have this shifter in "Both" vans)....

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Shifter Issue Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm

DanTheVanMan wrote:Lee,
    I've had B&M Quick Silver's for some time now in a few different vehicles and after time these sometimes get a little sticky if they are exposed on the underside. I found that if you pull the top cover, shoot some lithium grease and work the shifter (Pull the shift lever "up") and work the grease into the slide and ratchet mechanism the normally loosen up. It could also be just a hair out of adjustment but most of the time they just need cleaning and a lube. (I have this shifter in "Both" vans)....

Dan

Thanks, Dan. Will give it a go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am