VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Magic Bus
G-Man
Vanish
donivan65
dix
9 posters

when did vintage vans start

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8724
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

when did vintage vans start Empty when did vintage vans start

Post by dix Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:32 pm

it looks like may 2008 was the start. But what day did all this start??????? Who do we thank....
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

when did vintage vans start Empty Re: when did vintage vans start

Post by donivan65 Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm

The NEW Forum started in May 2008,,,,,,,but there is an old ORIGINAL forum,,,,,,,and this is how it began,,,,,,,,,in 2006

when did vintage vans start Vintag13

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Dix ... Chebby is the one to Thank .... That's for sure ... With out her this site couldn't have ever happened ..... I have little to no Computer skills at all .. LOL..... Back in about 2005 .. I was thinking ... WOW it would be cool if we could somehow get all three of the Brands Together On the same Board ... because as I looked around There didn't seem to be a Good Place for the dodge Guys to hang out ... so I thought Lets get them all together !!!!! and that's where VintAGE-Vans Came from ...... and it wasn't until march 2006 That it all fell in Place ...... The first Board we had was real unpredictable ..... Had Lots of Down time .... it would be up for two weeks and then go off line for a week strait ... Really sucked !!!! so we moved it ...... and the rest is History ..... But there's some one else to thank also ...... and that's All the Great members we have here .... with out them it just wouldn't be the same ........ and I will say .... This Board has GREAT MEMBERS .......... We all are Vintage-vans.com ...... THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ....

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8724
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 am

I agree there is no I in team. Althou you guys ang gals sure put in the extra mile to keep things runnin smooth, So i felt a Thank-YOU was in order.to Chebby and every one who keeps this Running....
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun May 01, 2011 4:27 am

That first forum did go down alot , but it was a great board. A lot was learned there and it was like a proving grounds for this forum. Why no one thought of this idea before Vanish I don't know why. And Thanks goes out to chebby for making Bill's vision come to life.

In the beginng it didn't seem like people would break away from a Brand only site and enbrace a all early site where even if you didn't own a Ford for example. It was still cool to talk with a Ford member.

In the course of this adventure we have found out we have common ground in a few issues with our early's. I think also we as a team have found parts and parts vans for others that we may not have even looked for because it wasn't our brand of early
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 am

Why no one ever thought of it before? Well put but then again why didn't we have the internet in 1970 in all our houses? And then these vintage vans were pretty much late model everyday people haulers and work vans.....the earth keeps spinning, the clock keeps ticking and new ideas are born... we used to have to look at the daily or Sunday classifieds to find stuff for sale, now we have craigslist and ebay in an instant! We used to have a land line and and answering machine, now we have a phone nearly anwhere we can go..

Now its to the point where we used to have a pc, a laptop and a digital camera and a a "car " phone..LOL, now some of us are carrying pocket computers called iphones and androids that will do all these things and so much more...technology is moving at breakneck speed...and I guess its good...

But the idea of Vintage Vans coming together is a great one indeed and there are plenty of us here that are pretty much Van/truck addicts and this is where we come to get our fix..what else would we be doing? Bar hopping? Getting into trouble? Watching reality shows?

Long Live Vintage Vans!!!!!!!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun May 01, 2011 9:15 am

TRUE!!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 01, 2011 6:23 pm

donivan65 wrote:The NEW Forum started in May 2008,,,,,,,but there is an old ORIGINAL forum,,,,,,,and this is how it began,,,,,,,,,in 2006

when did vintage vans start Vintag13

I came along shortly after this. I joined in July of 2006 but posted as a guest prior to that so I ve been here 5 years or so. I was "hooked" from the start. We have a great bunch of members here,always willing to help.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 am

I'm just glad to be a member....
    lookin forward to meeting fellow members at Carlisle this June 4th
    hoping to maybe present the Casimier Pickup
    Jim & Rhonda Witkowski
    www.CasimierSurfboards.com
    chester42
    chester42

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by chester42 Mon May 02, 2011 6:49 am

This site seems to have the best of every site rolled into one GREAT group of real van people ! Best find I ever had on the net! Lets keep it going and comercial free. Great job people. And thanks to all of us in some special way for the posts that help some one in their van projects .
    Lester Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 am