VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Roman
whopman
6 posters

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE

whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Empty OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE

Post by whopman Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the offenhauser intake fitment. Looking to upgrade new motor with either dual 2 barrels or a holley 390 cfm carb. Looks like it will be a tight fit. Does anyone have either setup on their van they could share pics of? I am going with langdon's cast iron headers with whichever intake/ carb combo will fit best.

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Empty Re: OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:26 pm

so....did you install the offy or it didnt fit?
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Empty Re: OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE

Post by Roman Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Every option you are talking about will fit with plenty of room to spare.

Scroll through this link to see picks of a 327 with an Offy 2x4 intake with two Carter carbs and stock ram horn exhaust manifolds. Headers would fit fine too.

https://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/romanmacias64/65%20G10%20Van/

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:38 pm

I think he has an L6 motor, so do I.....with the stock monojet and intake manifold there's only 2 " gap between the carb and the doghouse side.....now with your v8 you need space going up....we need space going left....
    Roman
    Roman

Post by Roman Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm not sure what you're saying.

If you're installing a V8 you'll either have to either modify your doghouse or put a 2nd Gen DH in anyway.
    Roman
    Roman

Post by Roman Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:01 pm

I apologize. I just got home and read this from the computer instead of my phone. I'm an idiot since I just figured out you're talking about an inline sixer!!

I assumed a dual carb Offy was going on a V8. Now I know what you meant by needing space going left! I am useless in the six cylinder world...among other worlds!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:18 pm

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE 20120110

click on the pic to see it full size.....
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

the offy 2 and 3 carb intakes are the same size as stock. that 2" space you spoke of is needed for linkage. if you really wanted the 4 barrel, the offy would just fit, you would have to use a cable for throttle, pulling towards valve cover, holley wont fit, edelbrock maybe. as i said, it will just fit, meaning it would be smacking against doghouse everytime you jumped on it and let off the gas. i considered using a spacer to lean engine away from doghouse, fabbing new mounts to move engine another inch away and evan considered moving dogbox an inch. in the end, i decided none of those options was very practical and an inch propably wasnt enough. i got the triple monojets instead.OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Intake18

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:18 pm

interesting pics and info jrinaman...are you running this set up right now?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm

didnt install yet. too many other projects ahead of it. probably install next month. what motor are you using and is it stock? the monojets flow about 130 cfm so 3 really isnt too much carb.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:37 am

I have an L6 250 with flat top pistons (from V8 307)...should raise comp to 9:1...every thing else is stock for now...wanted to install an offy intake with a holly 2bbl progressive and use tom's exhaust headers (the ones you have in the pic)....talked to tom a few months back and he said the holly 2bbl wont fit so I was going to stuck to the stock manifold and intake manifold until I saw this thread....
    Going back to your set up....are you modifying the jetting or are you using the stock jets for idle and main?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm

This is what Devimau has his eyes on,,,,,,,

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Dev_ma10

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Dev_ma11

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Dev_ma12

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:04 pm

2 more weeks don....2 more weeks.... cyclops
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 pm

You better hope you can get that Illegal Racing Equipment through customs,,,,,,,,
    Roman
    Roman

Post by Roman Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Customs will only sweat you if you say you're putting it on a street car. I had an issue several years ago when I ordered some non-DOT parts for a project and I thought being straight up was the best way to handle it...WRONG!

Tell them it's going on a race car and it'll be okay. Trust me...unless things changed over the past four years.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 pm

who makes that intake? is this an engine you are building or already in van? you can deck the block 30k and 60 off the head. i took 60/1000 off of head and went from 8.5:1 up to 9.6:1 but left the block alone. i needed to replace head so it made sense to mill it when it was apart. recurving the distributor made a noticable improvement and i have tube headers on it now. the pic is off a 292 i am rebuilding with 40 over propane (9:1) pistons, decked block and clifford 264 cam. i plan on swapping it in may or june. the tripple carbs will go on the 250 so i can get working properly before installing the 292 and jetting will be changed as needed on the 292.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 pm

It's the 250 that will go in the van.....by using 307 pistons I went to 9:1 without needing milling the head/block...stock everything besides the headers/carb combo...still not sure yet.
    That header....is a long story....I still need to visit the factory and take measurements to see if it'll fit or not....the ideal situation will be using them with a holley 32/36 progressive to get good power and still get around 18 mpg....that's what I'm aiming for....
    This engine needs to be reliable and have good torque and mpg...that's why I'm leaving it along and add an OD trans....

Now, once the van project is done, then I'll worry about the nova....and I could use this dino 44/44OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Tn_c0310

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Nice intake...
    Xelmon
    Xelmon

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-10-11

Post by Xelmon Tue May 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Hey guys, raising this thread from the dead.

So, did any of you end up trying to fit either an Offy or Clifford intake into one of the G-vans?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Tue May 17, 2016 7:26 pm

OFFENHAUSER INTAKE PICS INSIDE DOGHOUSE Img_2010    offy dual carb intake with adapters and 2 barrel webers. 240 z air cleaner adapted to fit.
    Xelmon
    Xelmon

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-10-11

Post by Xelmon Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Oh wow...

That is intense... And looks really interesting.

So, you got two DGV's on there or something? How's the power / throttle response?

I sorta assume that fuel economy is a bit on the low side. =)
    oldhornjunkie
    oldhornjunkie

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2016-04-02

Post by oldhornjunkie Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 am

Those Mercruiser Valve Covers Look Awesome done up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm