VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Edelbrock carb secondary opening?

Chris&Adam

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Edelbrock carb secondary opening? Empty Edelbrock carb secondary opening?

Post by Chris&Adam Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

How do the secondaries on an edelbrock carb open?
    It isn't vacuum operated and is opened mechanically, however when we operate the throttle either by hand or using the throttle pedal with the engine not running only the primary throttle blades open. When holding the primaries open we are still unable to get the secondaries to even open when trying to manually turn the secondary throttle shaft by hand. Is there are linkage or something missing from our carb that is preventing them from opening?
    Please see the pics of the carb by clicking the link below, some of the pics are relevant to our other post regarding the kickdown linkage

https://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j350/chrisandadam1/
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Edelbrock carb secondary opening? Empty Re: Edelbrock carb secondary opening?

Post by slowflapper Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Going from memory here...

The mechanical secondaries should have "weights" on them and should start to open when the primaries get opened to a certain point. If there is a "flap" on top it may or may not open unless the engine is running and warmed up.

I ran an Edlebrock with mechanical secondaries on my Ram Charger and it always performed well enough. I'll probably put one on my next engine build.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm

I ran into this when I mounted my Edelbrock, turned out that the bottom flaps were hitting the carb gasket..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm