VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe

beemerhog

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe Empty Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe

Post by beemerhog Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:58 pm

hi, looking for information leading to finding of my old 65 Econoline van. Finders reward TBD.

Sold to nice man near Sumpter South Carolina in about 1991 at a flee market (worst mistake of my autmotive career).

I do not have VIN, South carlonia and AZ do not have the records. I do know last license plate number.

Last color, beige with splotches of brown primer. White interior.

Rear roof vent, side and rear doors had glass and would open.

Chrome dash piece around instruments. Radio console over seats, antenna out top of front roof.

Damage to forward right rear wheel well area.

last seen carpeted/wood paneling interior, white spoke wheels.

Any help appreciated, thanks, Scott in AZ.

I've been hunting allofcraigs for two years, lots of close but no calls. Lots of other nice ones out there though.

PM with info
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe Empty Re: Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe

Post by G-Man Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:59 am

Finding one that was sold to someone older on the internet may never happen sadly. Most older guys aren't on the net. Not saying it couldn't happen, but not likely. You live in a area of that should be easier to find a different and even better condition than the one you had. Just keep your eye open on the for sale section here and we'll find you one. Welcome to the site
    beemerhog

Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe Empty Re: Looking for long lost 1965 Shorty Econoline Van sold in Sumpter SC area 1991 timeframe

Post by beemerhog Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks, I know, but still trying, now working on a 73 bronco. I have passed on some nice falcon window vans out here, maybe a mistake, oh well. Well, i'm no spring chicken....
    jeepwrench
    jeepwrench

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2010-02-02

Post by jeepwrench Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 am

I found an early econo here in Loris SC. I can tell it's white but that's all as it is surrounded by bushes only the nose shows. I'll check it out when I get a chance this week sometime.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 am

Welcome to the site. If you still use the same auto insurance, they may have old records of it. Trouble is that with the privacy laws now, you can't just ask the SC DMV for ownership info. even with a VIN.
    Good luck on your search.
    beemerhog

Post by beemerhog Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 am

thanks for looking jeepwrench, please PM me if it has a vent in rear part of roof or side doors have glass. white spoke wheels, etc... Loris is only 90 minutes from where I sold her.

Already scoured boxes for insurance, title, registration etc. i still remember AZ plate number though.
    beemerhog

Post by beemerhog Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 am

jeepwrench, you remember what street it was on in Loris?
    beemerhog

Post by beemerhog Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

still looking bump, would like info on Loris SC van.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am