VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
austinmodhouse
EconoCarl
6 posters

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS)

EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Empty Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS)

Post by EconoCarl Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 pm

For our first eVant we will be piggy-backing the Texas All-Ford Get-Together below.
    No plans have been made yet, let me know what you'd like to do.
    We will have ladder golf and washer board competitions (no wagering)!

Martha and I will be in San Antonio Wednesday, and we plan to check out hotels in Seguin.

Carl
    SETexas
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEXAS ALL-FORD
    5th ANNUAL PICNIC AND GET-TOGETHER
    JUNE 11, 2011
    9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
    MAX STARCKE PARK
    SEGUIN, TEXAS
    RAIN OR SHINE
    SPONSORED BY THE TEXAS REGIONAL CHAPTERS
    FORD FALCON CLUB OF AMERICA
    OPEN TO ALL FORD-POWERED VEHICLES
    This is your chance to sit and visit with old Ford friends and maybe even make a few new ones. Max Starcke Park has been voted one of the nicest city parks in the State of Texas, and includes a huge covered pavilion which has been rented for the entire day on Saturday. Surrounding the pavilion are hundreds of huge pecan trees and acres of soft, cool grass. A shady spot to park your car is guaranteed!
    Bring the kids! The park is fully equipped with playground equipment and don't forget the Wave Pool!
    Just like the last two years, this will not be a judged event. So bring your Ford, whatever condition. You don’t even need to wash it! No awards. No judging. No banquet. No door prizes. No hospitality suite. No goodie bags. No T-shirt. Just food, fun, music and good company. Admission is only $10 per car (sorry, but we have to pay to rent the park). Walk-ins are free.
    Bring your picnic basket or, if you don't want to fuss, food will be available for purchase.
    No alcohol is permitted in the park and NO GLASS BOTTLES.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Empty Re: Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS)

Post by EconoCarl Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm

We did check out Seguin last week and I spoke with event sponsor Jeff Schira at Bell's Speed Shop. Stuff is in the works and hope to share it with y'all soon!
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Empty Re: Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS)

Post by austinmodhouse Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 pm

JUNE!, that is a/c weather... maybe we'll be blessed with a cold front.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Hope to see you in Seguin. I bet it will be cooler than it was at the Mid-South meet Labor Day weekend in Arkansas! Besides, I hope to have my A/C installed by then! (Right now I'm stuck on step 2, remove contents from box!)
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 am

I lived in seguin many years- best think about installing A/C in the vehicles-if youre going!! Nice place to have a meet in though. Think Ice Cold Watermelon- and look up the luling Texas watermelon Thump dates- its only 24 miles away -and while your there - get to lockhart Texas for the absolutely BEST BBQ you will ever eat!! no lie -just facts! Have a good one!
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Update:

Martha and I drove to Palmetto State Park last Friday to give it a look-over. The park is nice, and only a few miles south of Interstate 10 near Luling. The Park Ranger said that the 19 spots with hook-ups fill quickly in the summer months and must be reserved. She went on to say that when you make a reservation, you cannot reserve a particular spot, a spot would be assigned to you when you arrive. She did say that if there was a group and I called ahead, there shouldn’t be any problem putting us together. We plan to arrive at the park on Thursday June 9 and leave on Monday June 13. Please let me know when you make reservations. For hotel stays check the Luling and Seguin Chamber of Commerce pages, the links are below.

The closest town to the park is Luling, and Seguin is approximately 30 miles away. For those of you on the Mid-South Econoline yahoo group, I’ve created a folder in the links section (click here). There are links to Palmetto State Park, the sponsor of the All Ford Meet on Saturday, and other links that might be useful.

As far as event organization, the canvas is just about empty, with the exception of attending the All-Ford meet in Seguin for a few hours on Saturday. If you have any ideas as to what you’d like to do, please let us know.

EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Empty Come one - come all!

Post by EconoCarl Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Lse_fl12
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Post by austinmodhouse Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 am

we just reserved a site for friday and sat eves at palmetto st park. how I will drag an airstream with the truck AND drive the econoline at the same time is a puzzle to be solved at a later date.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 am

You all will have a Great time @ the Starke Park meet - its been a very nice place - even back in the 50's since the Sheriff yaught me & many others to swin there in the pool!! If ur going to be in Palmetto state park - be sure & get to Gonzales TX. for some great BBQ @ tonys market!! also park in Gonzales is a good place also-have a great time .
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:33 pm

austinmodhouse wrote:we just reserved a site for friday and sat eves at palmetto st park. how I will drag an airstream with the truck AND drive the econoline at the same time is a puzzle to be solved at a later date.

Glad to hear AMH. The nice lady at the park said that if I called ahead with all the names that pre-registered, she'd get us camped together. The Texas parks won't let you reserve a spot by its number.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 am

I'd like to try to make that, if I can swing it. Sounds like a great time!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Empty meet & parking

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:20 am

just so all you guys that plan on going there & staying @ palmetto state park- its 30 miles away from the seguin meet.Might be many places in seguin that one could park at= heres one for you- west of seguin on Hwy 90 or I-10- the guadalaupe river crosses the road & I -10 there and just 12 miles away on the road from Mc Queeney to new Braunfels -Hwy 46 near (new B )the same river crosses I-35 and you should look at parking under those highway bridges there as all may have boat launces and parking there. Free Too!!
    might look around McQueeney - amybe a place there used to be called=Hotshots- ask around the little community there for it -its on the lake & has food & facilities
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:07 am

Look forward to meeting you Dart.

Thanks Twinpilot. The actual 'meet' is the Ford Show in Seguin on Saturday. Some people like to camp, so I found what I think is the nearest State Park for those wanting to do so.

Reminder: Make your reservations NOW if camping!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Dart wrote:I'd like to try to make that, if I can swing it. Sounds like a great time!
    Hey Dart, let me know if your gonna make it. Maybe we can caravan there or something. Hopefully my truck will have enough shake down miles on it to trust it for a trip!
    Oh, I got to meet Carl (Crowen57) @ Mercury Charlie's and he's a great guy to hang out with.
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 am

I wish I had time to take off and run out to the meet. I'm in Virginia but all my in-laws and out-laws are in Texas. Been trying to get my wife to move back. I tell everyone I had to go to Texas 25 years ago to find a bride. My wife is from Corpus and I went to Texas to attend U of H. While there i met this beautiful girl and she actually agreed to marry me. Anyway we moved back to Virginia due to the economy falling apart in the late 80's and early 90's. I wish I had stuck it out.

Anyway, I love the state and I find there are a lot more activities (classic car events) than in Virginia to boot. This event sounds like a great one. I hope ya'll have a great time. And hopefully you will post a lot of pictures when you return from the show.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Just a week away!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Be sure to get us some pic's Very Happy
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

We're loading up to start heading that way. Roadtrip 2011 starts tomorrow. Very Happy

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) DSC08957-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Safe travels my friend, see y'all Thursday!
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Post by austinmodhouse Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Amh4911

Lone-Star Econoline Meet 2011 (TEXAS) Amh4910

couple pics from the lonestar meet in seguin

larger file sizes can be found from links below

http://austinmodhouse.com/images/june11/amh4911b.jpg

http://austinmodhouse.com/images/june11/amh4910b.jpg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 am