VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
savage
Digz
Linoman
7 posters

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van

Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Empty Picked up a 67 econoline parts van

Post by Linoman Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 pm

I picked this 67 econoline for parts last Thursday.

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Img_4010

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Img_4011

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Img_4012

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Img_4013

Wish I could show you pics of the inside, but the batteries on the camera died right after shooting the exterior. The interior is very dirty, it was used to store cast off motorcycle parts for the past two years.
    The inside is completely original and untouched except for one hole in the dash for a 12v socket for the PO's cell phone. Has an original rear bench seat!
    The unfortunate part is that both rear corners are completely rusted out, and the floors feel pretty spongy, didn't have a chance to look at them though. Still has the original rear rubber floor mat and it has several puddles of oil on it from the aforementioned cycle parts. Probably will be a couple of weeks before I can get back to it and clean the interior up.
    Oh ha, I forgot to mention I drove it about 60 miles from the PO's to my parents house, but that's a whole other story. And I have the BEST wife in the world!! ~ Linoman
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Picked up a 67 econoline parts van Empty Re: Picked up a 67 econoline parts van

Post by Digz Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

That sure looks like a great score, doesnt hurt to have spare stuff around for sure !
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2624
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Looks like alot of good parts there & some hard to find ones.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 pm

if you decide to sell those backup lights I could use them. One of mine on my 67 Econo 8 door is smashed.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 pm

The 67's have all the good part's, you now have everything you need to have a dual master cyl now. Bench seat is a nice score, plus the back-up lights.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Vanishing Breed ~ Michigan winters aren't the best for working on our projects(no heated work space for me) so it will be spring before a really tear into this van and make decisions on what I will be offering up for sale.I'll keep your request in mind though. ~ Linoman
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Nice find!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:00 pm

I ve got a perfect rust free passenger side rear corner assembly with wheel well panel that would fix that whole rear section including the roll pan. I ve also got a drivers side section on a parts van to fix that too. That van is very fixable.
    boroop
    boroop

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by boroop Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:31 am

Wow! Nice find.

Was it local? I'm just over in Middleville and all the stuff in the yards over here doesn't look anywhere near that nice. Very Happy

Have fun with it!
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

EconoUsa ~ I bought it for the parts, but as I stare at the exterior pics I've been thinking maybe I should be resurrecting it instead of stripping it. I still have not been able to get a good look at the floor, I'm having to store it about a hour away from me. Unfortunately my Father-in-law passed away unexpectedly Sunday night so any free time a may have had has gone to supporting my wife & and kids and doing what ever needs to be done for my mother-in-law and extended family. No complaints, it's what family does.

boroop ~ It was sorta local, Elkhart IN. Worth the drive..
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm

I say save it if you can , plus most of us have two Very Happy
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Gotta do the family things first,I understand that for sure. I ve got whole floor sections too if you need any patch panels. I dont trash any part thats still good,especially nice original sheetmetal.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm

G-Man, I hear ya, I'd hate to destroy one that could be saved.

Thanks EconoUSA, I'm hoping maybe on Saturday to sneak over to the van & get some pics of the inside, wipe up some the interior mess, and get a look under the mats to see how bad the floors are. I'll keep y'all posted on it.

Thanks ~ Linoman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 am