VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk

Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk Empty GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk

Post by Hemi A-100 Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 am

Hey guys, just got back from Norwalk from the GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise and Nostalgia Drags. Was a great time, got to meet Mike "papajaws58" from Ohio with the green and white 66 A-100 pickup. Him and I were only parked a few spaces away from one another so we got to shoot the breeze alot. The Alpine Express Econoline van was there was well. I finally got to check that thing out and it is awesome, as I am sure most of you know. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of it. I was hoping to do that on Sunday but he didn't come back for that day of the show. I will post some pictures this weekend. Was a great time.
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk Empty Re: GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk

Post by virtual Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 am

2 Goodguys shows in Ohio now ! Look forward to seeing the pics. Gary mentioned he would be there with Alpine. There's a good chance Gary will be back at Vanfest 2009 in your backyard, hope you can make it.
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk Empty Re: GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk

Post by Hemi A-100 Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 am

I won't be at Vanfest. Unfortunately it is always the same weekend as the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Ky. I have seen the pics from all the different years at Vanfest and it looks awesome. But our trip down to Bowling Green is kinda like a mini vacation, we spend the whole weekend down there leading up to the weekend when the show and race is. Has become a family tradition.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:49 pm

What weekend is Bowling Green? I'm not but about 200 miles from there. wideload
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:58 am

Wideload, the show in Bowling Green is always Father's day weekend. Here are some pics I found on some websites from the show in Norwalk.

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk DSC_5384

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk DSC_5382

GoodGuys Blue Suede Cruise @ Norwalk DSC_6020
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks Hemi, I'll have to keep that in mind. The last time I went to an event at Bowling Green was back in the 70's. Beach Bend is a real nice park.
    wideload
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Wideload, I can't say enough nice things about Beech Bend park and the event. If you are into Nostalgia Drags and pre-1972 show cars you will love this event. The track itself is very well kept but it would be like walking back into 1965 at that track. I love it!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am