VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Satellite tv in my van

Satellite tv in my van Empty Satellite tv in my van

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

I was just talking to a company that sells very small satellite tv systems. The receiver is about the size of a deck of cards and can be mounted anywhere out of site, and the antenna is a small magnetic type. It is supposed to have crystal clear images and service is $8.00 a month through Flow TV. The whole system costs $600.00. The guy said he would install it, a new 7"screen with wireless high end camera, a new Python security system( I already have it) with electric door locks and a navigation system and a 25 farad capacitor( I already have) for $1200.00 total parts and labor. I just bought a portable propane stainless steel BBQ for it with three fold up tables so I can BBQ, cook whatever in the small microwave, mix margaritas or whatever in the gas powered blender and watch movies or sports or pay per view events at car shows. I am having Dennis of
    Dennis Brakes make me a stainless steel dash cover that will cover the entire dash including where the glove box is, the ash tray and the gauge cluster, He will cut holes in it for the new Autolite white faced gauges and for the ignition, headlight switches wiper switch and flasher. I am thinking of having it chromed. So I will have a chrome ash tray, chrome gauge panel and padded glove box door and a metal glove box for sale. I also ordered Dennis' aluminum dash knobs, gear shift knob and turn signal knob.

Last edited by vanishingbreed on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Satellite tv in my van Empty Re: Satellite tv in my van

Post by sasktrini Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Any vendor / manufacturer links Mike? Question

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:58 pm

neato!!
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 738
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Ka-ching Very Happy sounds awesome Mike
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:59 pm

I believe Mike meant to say Dennis of D and D Disc brakes in Oregon. D and D has a site but its not up to date with current products. I ve posted several of their products on site here and can answer any questions you may have. I talk with Dennis several times every week.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:03 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:I believe Mike meant to say Dennis of D and D Disc brakes in Oregon. D and D has a site but its not up to date with current products. I ve posted several of their products on site here and can answer any questions you may have. I talk with Dennis several times every week.
    Yes I was talking about Dennis.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm

sasktrini wrote:Any vendor / manufacturer links Mike? Question

http://www.flotv.com

There is only one shop in my area that sells them. it is called California Sound.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 am

Sorry I asked... I'm a little far away from heaven I guess! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am