VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon

Armison

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Empty Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon

Post by Armison Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:11 pm

I bought my Falcon in 1992 from a gentleman named Manny Montoya, a retired iron worker hailing from Westminster, CA. The van was in pretty good running shape and was originally from Denver which is evident by the cancer in the lower panels. This baby was my daily driver and occasional mobile hotel for approximately 8 years. I am ashamed to say that she has been sitting for the majority of the last 8 years. I've been saving my nickels and dimes to fulfill this vow I made to restore her to her former glory or better. As you can tell by the photos this will be no small or inexpensive undertaking but it's time to start moving in the right direction.

I am not the most mechanically inclined guy and lack knowledge, skill, know-how, equipment, experience, time and space to accomplish this restoration but I am determined to see it through. This forum has been a ton of help with regards to parts, how-to's, etc.

I am thinking of starting out by having her towed to a solid mechanic who preferably knows vintage vans and who can do a complete go-through of the engine & transmission, rolling chassis, suspension, breaks and detail the engine. I think this is a logical 1st step - to get it running and back to a reliable ride, then move to the body work and interior.

My question to the group is does anyone have a recommendation for a shop or an individual for hire here in the greater Southern California area (I'm in San Clemente) that can help me with step 1? I'm not in a huge hurry but I'm looking to have it done right. Looking forward to hearing comments suggestions and how to go about this long overdue project.

I bought my Falcon in 1992 from a gentleman named Manny Montoya, a retired iron worker hailing from Westminster, CA. The van was in pretty good running shape and was originally from Denver which is evident by the cancer in the lower panels. This baby was my daily driver and occasional mobile hotel for approximately 8 years. I am ashamed to say that she has been sitting for the majority of the last 8 years. I've been saving my nickels and dimes to fulfill this vow I made to restore her to her former glory or better. As you can tell by the photos this will be no small or inexpensive undertaking but it's time to start moving in the right direction.

I am not the most mechanically inclined guy and lack knowledge, skill, know-how, equipment, experience, time and space to accomplish this restoration but I am determined to see it through. This forum has been a ton of help with regards to parts, how-to's, etc.

I am thinking of starting out by having her towed to a solid mechanic who preferably knows vintage vans and who can do a complete go-through of the engine & transmission, rolling chassis, suspension, breaks and detail the engine. I think this is a logical 1st step - to get it running and back to a reliable ride, then move to the body work and interior.

My question to the group is does anyone have a recommendation for a shop or an individual for hire here in the greater Southern California area (I'm in San Clemente) that can help me with step 1? I'm not in a huge hurry but I'm looking to have it done right. Looking forward to hearing comments suggestions and how to go about this long overdue project.

Thanks All
    Jason

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1124

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1125

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1123

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1126

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1127

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1128

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1129

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1132

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1130

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Dscn1131
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon Empty Re: Armison's 1966 Ford Falcon

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 pm

[b][i]First off your van is in very nice shape and from what I see the body work shouldn't be much of a issue. Hot Rod shops are used to working older stuff or try to find one with older tech's who may have wrench on one before. Even if you can't remember vans are a body style and have what all other Hot Rods have.
    Armison

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Armison Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks G-Man and sounds like Happy Birthday is in order. Have a good one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm