VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Front parking lights...

Front parking lights... Empty Front parking lights...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks for the replies on the wheels...now on to problem #2...I am in need of a drivers side amber park light and a headlight ring is there anyone that reproduces either of these or know anyone who sells used parts? My 108 has 54k miles and does not need much but i wanna make her right?? Also i read somewhere but cant find now how to switch a wire to make the park lights come on with the headlights....was i dreaming or is this possible??? Thanks Rat..
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Front parking lights... Empty Re: Front parking lights...

Post by G-Man Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am

Here a NOS lens assy, but it $$$$. I do see them on ebay all the time so I would wait for a better price.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N-O-S-1964-1969-DODGE-A-100-VAN-PARK-LIGHT-ASSEMBLY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ011QQitemZ320286965752QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Headlight rings can be $$$, but there some lower ones on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-BEZEL-HEADLIGHT-RING-DODGE-VAN-A100-A-100-A-100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140708QQihZ016QQitemZ260275909614QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BEZEL-HEADLIGHT-RING-1966-DODGE-VAN-A100-A-100-A-100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140708QQihZ016QQitemZ260275908595QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

these are alittle rough
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-A-100-Headlight-bezels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140708QQihZ019QQitemZ290254048299QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    I'm not a dodge guy but do know that those headlight rings in very nice shape can be costly also. I don't know if there is a place that can repair dented ones.
    scratch

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:15 pm

I just wanted to say thanks i am shocked at how fast resply times are i have posted in other forums and am still waiting to hear back..Thanks again this is an awesome site!!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 am

You can give Brian Bowie a call. He's the president of the A-100 Van Assocation. 410-867-4056 before 9pm ET.

He has extra parts for sale.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 am

Did you find out how to make the parking lights come on with the headlights?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:55 am

No i didnt look into it any further..I noticed that the old forum light up like donivan appeared to be instructions for a chevy and I have a A108? Is there similarities of the two? Will the turn signals just blink from on to off or do i need to put diff bulbs in the signals?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 am

The easy way is for someone who has modified their wiring on their Dodge to post it. The other way is to figure it out. The front parking light has a dual filament bulb, a bright one for the turn signals and the other for parking lights. They are separate circuits. So if you pulled the headlight switch out and looked at the wires that are on the back of it, you would see 2 wires connected together that plug into it. That is the wires to the front parking lights. You want to hook those wires to the tail light wire. Maybe there is an empty slot next to the tail light wire that you can just move the parking light wires over to. (It would be easier if someone knows the color code for these wires so you know which wires to use.) But you can use a test light to find the right wires to use. And you can splice or solder the 2 wires to the tail light wire or use wire connectors. So this is a start for you,,,,,,let us know if you need more information. Those front parking lights coming on sure does change the look of the Van at night!
    This is the Chevy headlight switch,,,,,Brown might be your tail light wire color also.

Front parking lights... Parkli11

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 am

Thank you I am goin to do some investigating when I get off work tonight I got all weekend to figure it out...LOL as soon as I do I will relay the info to the sight for anyone else wanting to. Again thanks for the knowledge uall are the best!! Rat

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:51 am

Just some info...1970 is the only year that the parking lights came on with the headlights and this was due to the fact that 70 was the only year the A's had sidemarker lights.

George on the Yahoo group has done this "mod". He says it's easy. I myself have never tried it.

Hey Rat...do you have a factory wiring schematic to reference?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:12 am

no I do not I need to try to run one down that would make it A little easier..I may be able to track one down online? I think I may be able to figure it out. thanks for the info..Rat

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 am

I can scan the schematics and post them here if you want.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:14 am

That would be great so if anyone else was interested they could see too. My email is dgood1972@yahoo.com if you have means to email them to me that would be greatly appreciated!! I did some lookin around over the weekend but got so caught up in cleaning her up I kinda got side tracked(Bright shiney object) so i have got to get back to it. I have never been so excited about pulling up old carpet except when I found A rust free floor all shiney and white!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Here you go.

Front parking lights... 67wire
    Front parking lights... 67wire2

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 am

Great nate I think these will help out alot!! Will let you know how it turns out...Rat

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 am

Can you see the schematic okay? It seemed a bit fuzzy to me.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:53 am

It Is fuzzy but I have not printed it yet? We will see what it looks like after I print it?
    terencejiminy
    terencejiminy

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Front parking lights... Empty Park Lights on all the time mod

Post by terencejiminy Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 am

Installing a jumper at your headlight switch that connects the park lights to the tailights circuit fixes it up just right.
    Makes for a better load carry for A's pulling a trailer, as this doubles the contacts used in the switch carrying that load..... Wink
    Terry
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 am

Pulling a trailer? Did someone say "A's pulling a trailer"?

Welcome back Ter'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm