BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck.....

lectricman

Number of posts: 339
Registration date: 2010-04-07

Re: '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck.....

Post by lectricman on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 am

I'm glad that I had mine or I would have been in the front windshield... lol... also glad to have got them to put into this one...... not much, just a lap, but they saved me once....

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:50 pm

got the frame welded up and caps made for the area's and welded in.... motor in and tranny... gas tank out... starting to get her all put back together... should pick up my new corners from the "yard" this week and get them on this weekend... hope to have her running this weekend but am having driveshaft/tranny problems....
a couple pics...
engineless

cap over the crack in the uniframe

weight over gas tank

weight over gas tank

thought I'd update a little... I'll try and get pics of the engine install later.....

Nightmoves

Number of posts: 2112
Registration date: 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Progress is good!

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 pm

engine pics as promised... not the greatest but taken by my phone.... lol

got the exhaust on today and played with the drive shaft some... need 2 new caps to hold the universal in... should get them tomorrow along with my new corners... yea!!! I am hoping to spend all day Saturday on her and have her up and running...... wish me luck....

G-Man
Mayor
Mayor

Number of posts: 30745
Registration date: 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Looks Great!!!!

Indian640

Number of posts: 253
Registration date: 2010-06-27

Post by Indian640 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Just read your thread from the begining.... I remember that truck on EBay!!Looking Good Lectricman !!

Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Motor looks good in there Lectricman.Whole lot better than empty hole.New radiator too? At first glance,I thought the Tiki doll was a big cut out in back of cab,then realized it was an air freshener.lol I need to lay off the Budweiser,heh.

Last edited by Nightmoves on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellin)

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:59 am

Thanks guys for the gracious comments, and it is a big cut out.......... errrrr..... well ...... an air freshener it is... I need a new one and can't find one like that one and don't think I could live with anything else.... that one was in the first Econo and has now moved into the second one..... lol she is coming along good and hopefully will be a driver soon.... very soon....

Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:29 am

how about a dash mounted?
http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/29968

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:22 pm

A little more done today... the gas tank is back where it belongs and I started on the rear corners.... patches are off a late 90's chevy conversion van... not ford but a real close fit... the guy at the yard cut them small and very uneven and even cut the bottom that I needed off of one so he told me to take them and see if I could use them.... for free!!!!! no cost is always better... said that if they wouldn't work for me to come back and we would find another set... a little more work but free beats $50!!! corners still need to come back off and be cut out along with the bad corners and them welded in... another day... still fighting with the drive shaft issue.... grrrrr!!!! here are a couple pics from my phone... again, sorry for the quality.... at least I am moving along on her....

I will need to lengthen the passenger side to extend through the quarter panel that is rotted off.... I know it still needs work but time is on my side... Laughing Laughing

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Some more of the small stuff done in the engines dog house tonight.... got the doghouse set back around the engine... got the fuel line ready to put on and the vacuum advance tubing ready to put on... painted and cleaned the vent tube.... got a new switch installed in the dash.... need battery cables, antifreeze, a battery, finish the alternator and hook the starter back up, then a 5 gallon can of gas should have her running..... but still no drive shaft... Sad I have pics of the new switch, the most of the dog house and the new battery box I will be using in the bed of the truck... never did like sitting on the battery... Laughing enjoy the pics guys....

Indian640

Number of posts: 253
Registration date: 2010-06-27

Post by Indian640 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Man, I like the kooler battery box !!! Sent you a message on another thread... contact Fred ( fmc56 ) , he can set you straight on which drive shaft to use. Art

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:48 pm

no pics, but I got the doghouse all put together and the radiator filled, then it all leaked out.. Sad ... but I did get her turning over this evening... It won't be long now... I think I still have a prob around the keyswitch... should be fairly easy I hope.... wish me luck... Cool

EconoCarl

Number of posts: 1102
Registration date: 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Good Luck Lectricman!
Lookin' good, keep pluggin' along.

lectricman

Post by lectricman on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

NEWS FLASH!!!!!
got the ol' girl running tonight.... just feeding the carb to get her running for now, I will try and get some gas in the tank tomorrow and fire her up on her own.... I am the happiest camper in the world right now.... can you see the grin on my face?? shouldn't be long now... just waiting on a little cash for the radiator and windshield....

Current date/time is Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:27 pm