VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth]

Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Empty Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth]

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:21 pm

This is a 1961 Econoline that I was given by the original owners grandson who is a co-worker of my dads. His grandfather bought the van new with nothing extra on the van, he didnt even order a passenger seat, or glovebox door. It was used in a wholesale business from 1961 to 1986 when it was parked in a garage at their lake house where it sat until crhistmas of 2007, because they needed to fix the garage that was caving in on the van, but the vans roof wasnt damaged by that. I nicknamed my project Poochie because that was the original owner, Earl Clements Nickname, It just seemed to fit. Not much work has been done yet to it to get it running because im only 15 and dont really have a steady income. but after a year of saving ive got a good amount of cash to spend, I bought my first set of rims just last weekend at a local car show. Ive pulled everything out from under the van in preparation for a custom frame to get it to sit about as low as it sits in the pictures. Im basically going to put all of my money into the chassis, and leave the body and paint exactly the way i found it. I plan on pushing the engine location back a bit and running a 302/AOD, And definately upgrade the dinky rearend to a nine inch.

The Excavation
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Econoline9
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Econoline11
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Econoline10-1

At home after her first bath in a long time
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010017
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010011
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010019
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010020
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010066
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] P1010051

Ready For Teardown
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Econoline2

Engine Pulled, little 144
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Econo2BEngine2BPull2B001

Everything stripped from the undercarriage
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 097
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 098

New Rims
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 034
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 035
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 041
    Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] 046-1
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Empty Re: Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth]

Post by G-Man Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Very nice Drew!!!! You say you haven't done much, I beg to differ looks like it well under way. It great to see someone your age with the passion for one of these old girls.

Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Empty Re: Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth]

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Twisted Evil Thats wicked awesome Drew!!!You have done alot already and obviously in the right direction.Will be a looker for sure, keep it up, and it'll be done before you know it!!!I wish i had fixed mine up when i was 15(23 years ago),it might be done now!!LOL!!! Of course it was my dads at the time and I was much more interested in punk rock,skateboards,punk & catholic girls ,and of course partying.... If I only knew then what i know now...damn!!LOL!!!!!heck i got plenty of time, just still need to figure out the money thing!!!
    Lokking good Drew!!

Mark Twisted Evil
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:00 pm

no matter what you but cragers on is just looks good !! great start!

Poochie My 1961 Econoline Delivery van [Warning High Bandwidth] Empty RE: Poochie

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:57 am

Hey Drew,
    How far did you lower your van and what did you use to lower it with? I am planning on lowering my van but still kinda playing around with how low. Do you have any problems with the front wheels rubbing inside the wheel wells? Any help would be appreciated.
    P.S.
    I just bought a 1963 Flacon window van about a week ago and I am dying to get started on it. I will post some pics on the progress when I get time.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Sweet, Drew!!! And Welcome Primal! Looking forward to both! Maybe there's hope for my '64!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Primal Design, It is just in mockup with nothing under the van except for blocks and jack stands. I am planning on having it sit on a custom frame to get it that low.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am

That's going to look awesome! Even the old logo and paint really look great. Please keep us informed on how the build is going.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 am