VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so..............

scrubba
    scrubba

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-01-18

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Empty One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so..............

Post by scrubba Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm

I forget who asked me for pictures of my exibit work . regardless , I do dol houses , service stations and other commercial work for Historical societies and other assorted customers . I also do models of vans and other assorted trucks Ive restored over the years .
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Tokiem14
    Tokiem #14 - 1914
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. SpecWayneforMobil
    Wayne special pump for Mobil oil company -1965
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Butler61
    Butler #61- 1926

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Wayne2051916
    Wayne 205-1916
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Grotkenpump
    Grotken 10 gallon - 1924
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Fleckenstein110H1923
    Fleckenstein #119 10 gallon - 1925
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 7-Updelivered
    1939 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery as a Climax Ginger ale service vehicle , this was a local brand in Richmond Virginia
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 7-Uptruck
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Fillmeup-1
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Yousaidhowmuch
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Pinuplady
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Yousaidhowmuch
    This Amoco station sort of still stands at the corner of 3rd Ave and Preston Ave here in Richmond Virginia . it was built in 1937 and sold gasoline until about 1959 when the construction of I - 95 came by and cut off most of it's traffic . What you see her is the way I plan to show it in the year 1948 during the show season . Scrubba
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Empty Re: One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so..............

Post by wideload Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Very cool Scrubba !!!!! I enjoy building models, been doing it off and on since I was a kid. Do you use model car kits for the vehicles or do you build everything from scratch? Lately the only thing I've done have been 1/64 scale vans. That's the only size early chevy vans that seem to exists. The Lindberg mini lindys are the only 2nd gens that I know of and there's a Burger King toy that is the closest thing to a 1st gen that I've found. If you know of anything else I'd really like to hear about it. Here's a couple of pic's of the BK toys that I've done.

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 100_3210

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 100_1010

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Empty Re: One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so..............

Post by G-Man Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 pm

scrubba, that was me and thank you very nice work, Very cool details love the radiator hoses hanging in the garage. The pumps are cool too....

I'm the proud owner of wideloads red early pictured
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:37 pm

That Orange one is My Personal Favorite .......

wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:12 am

One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Models10One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Th_cat10One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Th_cat11 a couple of mine.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:06 am

Keep the pic's coming guy's !!!! All nice work
    scrubba
    scrubba

Post by scrubba Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 am

For what it's worth Linburg did a 1968 Chevrolet Van in 1-32 nd scale back in about 1968. I havent seen it since then . Ive even thought seriously about doing such a van and then casrting it in epoxy resin . The difference would be that 1-32 is too small for me anymore . First , I have failing eyesight and then too my arthritis isn't getting any better . The larger scale is way easier to work off of .
    Now to answere the question as to the little accessories in the Amoco station , YES , i SCRATCH BUILD 96% OF EVERYTHING YOU SEE . Iv'e yet to find what I require in things like oil lubesters , jacks , oil cans and then there aren't any gasoline pumps .
    Currently I'm building a Crown Central gasoline station that was built in Highland Springs Va. in about 1956. The style of building was refered to as a " Twin Chimney " . I want to show this one as thing would have looked in about 1963 .
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. Soooclosetoo
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 1stbondoCrown
    One of the Moderators wanted pictures of my work so.............. 100_0043
    Scrubba
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 am

All this scale stuff is cool , a talent I wish I had
    scrubba
    scrubba

Post by scrubba Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

G- Man , currently Im doing a step by step on the "twin Chimney Crown Station using simple Foam - Core board you see at Wal Mart . If anyone is interested I can post the link so everyone can sign in and see the latest pictures of this station as I can get them into a Photobucket account . Generally , it takes me about six to eight months to do an entire filling station . Scrubba

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am