VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
donivan65
Vanish
mcfly
G-Man
sasktrini
9 posters

Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally!

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally! Empty Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally!

Post by sasktrini Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 am

63Mercury pointed out a 63 Mercury NoDoor that I'm hoping to hear back from the owner soon... I can't contain myself... hopefully I can close a deal so one of us can save it.

I'll keep you posted... I was supposed to have heard from the owner last Sunday...
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally! Empty Re: Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally!

Post by G-Man Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 am

Yes that is good news, that van looks in good shape. Has to be rare being a Mercury plus being a no door
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally! Empty Re: Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally!

Post by sasktrini Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Looks in good shape? Where is it? Search for it, or is it posted here?

I'm waiting to see more pics of the floor, close ups of rust patches. Regardless though, I'll buy it if I have to in order to make sure it's saved.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Heh, I was the one who spotted this ad for the no-door Merc. Shoulda have seen my eyes popped the second I saw it! Shocked Razz Like Sasktrini, I'm willing to buy it - I wouldn't have any regards in saving the old gal. Sasktrini...if you can't, I can help you in buying it.

Until then all we can do is wait for the seller to reply back!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:46 pm

emailed him to asked for phone# and more pics looks good guys
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 am

sasktrini ............. GET IT .... GET IT ..... GET IT .... Somebody Get it .............

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 am

Yeah get it before Vanish has a heart attack ,,,,,,,,
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:32 am

THATS RIGHT ..... I DONNO JUST GOT A SOFT SPOT FOR THEM THERE NO DOORS ......................

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 am

I can't wait to see some pictures of it..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Heh... looks like all of us have a hidden lust for No-Door vans, EH?! Razz lol!

So do I!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 pm

still waiting... he's replied to two emails, but wasn't ready to send me any more details...

gee, usually demondog calls me directly when he finds these locally... Happy New Year by the way demondog!

Last edited by sasktrini on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : demondog already posted it?)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:51 am

Seems a bit odd - considering that the seller got a lot of "hits" on his ad. Well, hoping that he'll add more details to your request!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Still waiting. Sent email 2nite to try to start telephone dialog with him tomorrow.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Gonna talk Talked to him tonight!

He's a cool guy, in to mopars, showed a purple Barracuda at a show in Saskatoon and one in Calgary a couple years ago! I sent him a link to the Vancouver CraigsList A100s, as he wasn't real familiar with them. Would be cool to get him interested in restoring an A100!

Good news is that if we close a deal, he will likely be able to deliver it to town in spring on another trip planned to the area to pick up parts! He remembers the floors being solid, and that it's a genuine NoDoor (not just filled in), that it was the town's shop vehicle and well maintained. Probably a small six, but he can easily crank the engine by turning the fan, and it's been parked for over three years... definitely needs a rebuild or swap on the engine. Certain that rockers have rust and need repair. Suspects some rust at rear floor / roll pan / door bottoms. I asked him to also check the front floor panel and leaf spring mounts (anything I missed, fellow EconoHeads?). He said he'll take some pics hopefully tomorrow of these areas.

Last edited by sasktrini on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : talked on phone)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm

I'd give my eye teeth for a Mercury no door.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 am

Looking forward to see these pictures. Sasktrini... you sure you have enough room in your garage to squeeze one more in? Laughing
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 am

63Mercury wrote:Looking forward to see these pictures. Sasktrini... you sure you have enough room in your garage to squeeze one more in? Laughing

Nope, I'm not sure! Priority #1 is to get it, priority #2 is to figure out what to do with it after! Are you looking for a way to bring two Econolines back to Calgary?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 am

sasktrini wrote:
    63Mercury wrote:Looking forward to see these pictures. Sasktrini... you sure you have enough room in your garage to squeeze one more in? Laughing

Nope, I'm not sure! Priority #1 is to get it, priority #2 is to figure out what to do with it after! Are you looking for a way to bring two Econolines back to Calgary?

Haha, right now - my blue GMC van is in good working shape, running smooth and strong after all the fixing all winter. My next plan is to install the towing hitch under the rear end, then in spring season - look for a good used car dolly or a flatbed trailer to buy. Then I'll be all set up for the road trip to Saskatchewan. Hey - I'll even fly back again to drive the 2nd Econoline home tongue

Of course, it's only an option unless you plan to keep the no-door!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

I understand the Nodoor is not a driver... can crank the engine with the fan, so no compression... or something he described. And your other one has no drivetrain...

I have no intention to keep three vans, just one. Which one? I don't know, but I'll be more than happy to have a selection to choose from!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Bit late here.
    I hope you can get it Corey. I think we can make room to park a van here. It would be sweet to see that van.
    If he cannot deliver it. Maybe we can make a trip. The only problem is I have to better fix a hitch and trailer brakes on my trucks for pulling the trailer.
    Hey 63 Merc I will be selling my old flatdeck trailer this spring. It was built for hauling a Bobcat on it. So it has a 12ft deck and is narrow in between the wheels. It is what I haul the vans on from Melville.

So Corey did you get the van. I did not see a more recent post.
    There is a Merc. Econo truck for sale by Wilkie right now. Very poorly advertised. He is taking bids on it. Another fella from Red Deer is after it. I know this guy and he like to get a Merc truck bad,
    van islander
    van islander

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post by van islander Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm

i rented a u haul to get mine home . a three day rental was $220 and it uses surge brakes so i didnt need to get trailer brakes. i went from abbotsford to kewlona back to parksville no problem and it was snowing half the time. it worked out way cheaper then permiting it and fuel. id recomend to anyone

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:04 am

demondog wrote:

Hey 63 Merc I will be selling my old flatdeck trailer this spring. It was built for hauling a Bobcat on it. So it has a 12ft deck and is narrow in between the wheels. It is what I haul the vans on from Melville.

PM ya about this, thanks
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:20 am

Hope it all works out. Love to see some pic's!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Hoping for good news on 63 Mercury NoDoor locally! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 am

Never sent me any pics yet. But with our recent blizzard, I bet that Merc van isn't going anywhere until spring now...

I used a uHaul auto hauler when I rescued my 64 Ford Econoline from Calgary (63Mercury will remember that adventure Laughing )

Yeah, I guess I have to phone the seller again... I'd like to see that NoDoor up here too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 am